• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Margin of error=0

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

In this league, with no center or power forward on our team we have zero margin of error to win. Tonight it was the turnover on the entry pass to Fitz with a few minutes left and then the horrible turnover under a minute.  

We have to play perfect to win against anybody left on our schedule. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Fitz is terrible.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

We have 2 guys that are more then capable of playing PF. Fitz looks disinterested at times but he is a PF, just not a guy that plays hard if his offense isn't going. Rudd is 6-9, 230+ with good wing span and hops. He is another guy that needs to understand that when the going get tough, the tough gets going.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937

I'm going to defend Fitz even though I agree he softer then butter.

He's playing out of position and is not a big man down low like weneed to be. He is a spot up shooter, definitely not a center.

Same thoughts about Rudd playing out of position effecting there play.

Austin and injuries have put everyone out of position.

I just keep telling myself rebuilding year

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Any word on when White will be back, even though I don't like his game we need some size and it might help a little bit to get us over the hump

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Fitz is terrible.

You can't expect much out of him playing the 5 when he is ONLY suited for playing the 3.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

I'm going to defend Fitz even though I agree he softer then butter.

He's playing out of position and is not a big man down low like weneed to be. He is a spot up shooter, definitely not a center.

Same thoughts about Rudd playing out of position effecting there play.

Austin and injuries have put everyone out of position.

I just keep telling myself rebuilding year

This where we are at this point. USF's not a program that's going to just reload every year. We don't have enough good players patiently biding their time on the bench to take over when you lose the likes of the 3 we lost this year. Hopefully, we're going to be able to build towards that with the new facilities but the conference upheaval could play a factor in that.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Waverly Austin loss was literally huge.  Great recruiting class coming in next year to supplement the experience gained this year.  Obviously need the infusion of bigs.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

We have 2 guys that are more then capable of playing PF. Fitz looks disinterested at times but he is a PF, just not a guy that plays hard if his offense isn't going. Rudd is 6-9, 230+ with good wing span and hops. He is another guy that needs to understand that when the going get tough, the tough gets going.

Vega, I respect and enjoy reading your posts about basketball and will add a little bit more about why I said that statement above.

Fitz is our closest thing to a PF but he lacks a post up game, especially when playing people of equal size to him. He is more of a pick and pop, step away from the basket type forward. When he posts up down low and goes at the rim he gets rejected on a regular basis.

Rudd is a 3 man, He may be 230lbs but he is not a power forward. He has no leverage, this why when he attacks the rim off the dribble he gets bodied away and his inability to post up against a 4 man. 

Both players seem to have gotten tired of having to defend much bigger guys on the defensive end, guys they wouldn't have to guard as much if the academic people would have let our recruit in.