• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did USF football upgrade from a few months ago?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'm finally at peace, again.

Football looks solid, at least back to where is was before the last two years. Okay, minus the conference stuff.

Basketball is back to losing in the Big East again. But, hey, those teams are leaving and we'll be better next year, so that's good!

It's been so draining the last couple of months with USF athletics.

Just say no to USF dramatics!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Shoot,

Me and 9 of my friends would be better than the last staff.

Playstation Guy

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Shoot,

Me and 9 of my friends would be better than the last staff.

Playstation Guy

You and your friends beating ND, Clemson, Rutgers and Louisville away?  BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHA Dream on. You and your 9 friends wouldn't have made it through 1 season, much less 3.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

this staff isn't very good imo. under normal circumstances switching holtz with taggart would probably give us a few extra wins alone; but the loss of a talented senior class without adequate replacements will be problematic.

we have no depth at lb, no proven starters at qb or rb, and little depth in the secondary or line. holtz left the cupboard bare.

I think we can get to 6-6, maybe a bit better since the competition also drops off, and another couple wins improvement per season thereafter (similar to Louisville with Charlie Strong).

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

The whole point of getting Taggart is because he can recruit and Holtz couldnt. Even DW said it in one of his interviews. Gotta give Willie a couple of years to get his guys in here.

look at our roster now compared to the leavitt years. it is obvious that we lack Talent. Let's hope this new coaching regime can manage games unlike leavitt, but recruit like leavitt

If you saw the pregame of the NC, it took the three Notre Dame coaches that won the NC 3 seasons.  I don't expect much this year, and most don't.  I expect a good team in 3 seasons. But with this fan base, If he has two bad seasons, he will be treated just like Holtz is now, even if every expert thinks its not warranted.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If you saw the pregame of the NC, it took the three Notre Dame coaches that won the NC 3 seasons.  I don't expect much this year, and most don't.  I expect a good team in 3 seasons. But with this fan base, If he has two bad seasons, he will be treated just like Holtz is now, even if every expert thinks its not warranted.

Holtz had 3 seasons. he had 16 returning starters and 20+ seniors. He had a 3 1/2 year starter at QB.

he had a lot of close losses his 2nd year. most took that as the ball not bouncing our way.

this past year, his 3rd,  was the year he needed to win. unfortunately for him , he didn't.

Many successful coaches have won NC in year 3. Urban Meyer, Stoops, Saban,etc. not saying we should expect that but we should expect to compete for, if not win, our conference by year 3.Same goes for Taggart.

Edited by Bull94

Right, In year 3, the Bulls should be competitive for the conference championship if development of the team is going in the right direction.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

today i would say yes

but football is a performance based business so truly only time will tell

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Won't know until they take the field in a real game.