• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did USF football upgrade from a few months ago?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I'm doing everything I can to hold off any opinions on the subject until this time next year....  

Double Dittos on that response.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

I think we are better off with the new staff, but it will still be hard to overcome the lack of depth and talent at some key positions.

That's very accurate. The lack of depth is always a concern, but even with the alleged improvements, it's all just a question

of what we see on the field. It's a long road back to mediocrity from where the program finished up.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

I would be happy with a different attitude on the field. The play I saw could best be described as listless or apathetic. The quality of players that choose to come will be what they are with the occasional coup.

I think that a smart, disciplined and tough team will be a great start. Then, maybe those types of players will be attracted. The above also applies to the coaching staff. Please no more wishy-washy end of half drives coupled with piss poor clock management.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

The positive is that those young kids want to be developed by coaching staffs who have lot of NFL experiences which I hope it would help us recruit better.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I've thought for several months that 2013 was going to be a not-very-good season regardless of whether Holtz or someone else were in charge, so I'm not sure we'll really know anything until at least a year from now. I personally very much doubt this team goes to a bowl game next season, so it wouldn't take much for Taggart to impress me. He just needs to get the pendulum swinging in the right direction - for more than two years, I've felt like USF was bad and getting worse, after pretty much always feeling like they were good and getting better for many years before that.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Wait a gd minute. Last year at this time we were the most talented team in the Big East on this board. Now who exactly did we graduate that makes us now rubbish for a year or two?

We have a ton of talent relative to our competition. Coaches do their jobs and we improve to a bowl at least.

Heck, that's all I want for fear of anything better and we lose our coach and our coach and force woulard into finding another one...

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Wait a gd minute. Last year at this time we were the most talented team in the Big East on this board. Now who exactly did we graduate that makes us now rubbish for a year or two?

We have a ton of talent relative to our competition. Coaches do their jobs and we improve to a bowl at least.

Heck, that's all I want for fear of anything better and we lose our coach and our coach and force woulard into finding another one...

BJ Daniels, Webster, Bonani, Lamar, Grissom, etc.. The list is pretty long.  One prediction I saw was USF at 6 for this coming season. That probably is correct. 

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

upgrayedd.jpg

UPGRAYEDD!!  The two D's are for a Double Dose of this pimpin!

I think the guy in the background is Skip Holtz.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

We have a ton of talent relative to our competition.

What are you basing this comment on? "We have the most talent" is the most meaningless and useless of all sports message board cliches. I've seen talented football teams. What USF put out on the field last year was not a talented football team. There were a small number of really good players and then a bunch of guys who have done and shown nothing to support your argument.

P.S. - To whomever, the new quoting format is ******* terrible, is this on purpose? Is there actually someone out there who finds this format to be an improvement over the old one?

Edited by gobulls83