• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Official: Chuck Bresnahan, Oakland Raiders DC in 2011, named USF's DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I feel better about a hire with a lot of gametime experience vs just an awesome recruiter.  I think we have that potentially with Taggert and seeing how the kids respond to him.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Here's a video: http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/107-raiders-practice-chuck-bresnahan

Let's give him a chance.

I mean, we will be playing UCF, etc., not NFL teams.

I'm good with this hire.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'm not sure why so many people are upset with this hire. We just hired a guy with a ton of experience, was part of national championship staff, lead an NFL team to the playoffs as DC 4 times, and has coached future hall of famers. USF is a young program, not in a major conference, has never won a conference championship, and I'm assuming had a budget of around $300,000. Not sure what some were expecting from our DC hire.

And yet this guy hasn't been mention much if at all as a DC in the NFL in a while. There is so much turnover on coaching staffs in the NFL that you would think that if he was so good he would probably be making a pretty good amount of money being a position coach or coordinator on the highest level.

Having said that he still deserves a chance to prove himself, and probably to himself as well, that he still can earn pay and praise as a Defensive Coordinator.

catch 22 is that if he was being mentioned for NFL DC jobs, USF wouldn't have landed him. we are what we are, and we're not going to compete with NFL teams for a guy being considered for a job in the big leagues.

i will support him. he seems like he could be a decent guy, hopefully he brings a good energy and can coach em up a little bit. to me, defensive play calling isn't as crucial as offense, since what could be considered a defensive play call is more of who you're putting on the field, since they're not running a play, just reacting to it.

if he can coach up our boys on how to properly tackle, and how to have the vision and aggressiveness, then he'll be alright. the staff he and willie put together will also make a big difference in how each position group gets developed.

not worried about recruiting. we have some good recruiters on the team already and coaches jump into unknown regions all the time, so they can take the assignments from willie and then go after it.

hopefully willie can have the rest of the staff set up by this weekend to get it announced and get the guys out for that last big push on the recruiting trails and then we wait til spring ball to see how things shake out.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart is currently mingling with students in the SunDome student club. I asked him if Chuck was our new DC. after some hesitation, he said "yep, hes coming". Im not the most credible poster but I don't have reason to make this up.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Yea, can there be any question that he is an upgrade over Cosh?  This hire is starting to grow on me.

I still cant get over how lucky Mark Synder is to have bounced to Texas AM. He would have stunk it up at USF this year if he stayed, just like Cosh. Luckiest move in college football. All he has to do is not let his opponents put up more than 50 points and they are good to go.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I am excited. I wanted a hire with a butt load of experience. National champion, made a super bowl... I wouldn't be doing cartwheels if my pro ran hired him but he's facing the Big East not the AFC West. I think you'll see a great understanding of defense we certainly didn't have last year

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

we just hired an NFL d-coordinator to the same position at USF and we are complaining

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

we just hired an NFL d-coordinator to the same position at USF and we are complaining

You're right, I think we're lucky with this hire although we've got to wait to see results...