• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The luster has already worn off

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Slick, logically your argument is so flawed it's not even funny.  I like you Slick, but you are so pro Holtz, that you are jaded now my friend.

Go ahead list that Ryan Leaf game and watch what game I post after you which will make you look pretty silly.

Slick's whining because he is a Skippy apologist. Skip was 5 and 7 and then, 3 and 9 which is why he was shown the door. If he had been 7 and 5 and 9 and 3 he would still be here. USF is not a name brand with zero national buzz and will not get the front line coaching talent some on here unreasonably expect. Landing someone with NFL experience is certainly not a terrible thing and he has to be better than what we saw in 2012.
 ********. Total ********. You two are the ones that keep bringing him up. Maybe you two have a thing for him.
Who was the one talking about Rattay getting hired at La Tech?

I am happy with the hire and was unable to say that 3 years ago.

Who was the one saying CWT was behind in hiring assistants? What other coach do people on this board  know so much about that is putting together a staff? That may be over your head though. And you want to point out the posts 3 years ago where you were so unhappy? Were you sad when USF beat Clemson? Or Rutgers? Or Louisville away? Or Notre Dame? Where are you posting, "Well, he beat Notre Dame, but I am unhappy with the coach"'? 

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Slick, i warned about Holtz immediately as one of my best friends is a professor at ECU and warned me about him.  Everything he said about Holtz was 100% accurate.  It's unreal how accurate he was.  However, I was hoping that it was "ECU" and give him better recruiting areas, a solid team he was walking in etc. that he was going to be successful.  Skip was a GREAT guy, really was impressed with him as a person, but as a football coach?  Insert Dennis Green's rant here...

As for those wins, those were great, but the LOSSES, way too many of them were worse than I would've ever expected.  Come on man!  We lost to TEMPLE!  Most football fans around me (SEC country) didn't even know Temple had a friggin football team!  He wasted a golden opportunity, senior starting QB with years experience who was one of the best athletes in the Big East who when running the read option was as deadly as they come.  Now we have been left with a turd CWT is going to try and polish while in the worst possible position this University could be in. 

Frankly, it's going to take a miracle worker to get us back on top in 3 seasons and it couldn't have come at a worse time.  He was a nice guy, but move on.  Let's leave him in the same grave he buried our chances of escaping this alignment nightmare...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Frankly, it's going to take a miracle worker to get us back on top in 3 seasons

You mean back to the middle ....

Let's leave him in the same grave he buried our chances of escaping this alignment nightmare...

The only thing Skip buried here was our bowl streak.... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Slick, i warned about Holtz immediately as one of my best friends is a professor at ECU and warned me about him.  Everything he said about Holtz was 100% accurate.  It's unreal how accurate he was. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Every coach that won the NC at Notre Dame did it on their 3rd season. Not saying its the same circumstances at USF but if CWT is the real deal I expect he can have USF doing great things by then.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Funny thread.

Give peace a chance

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I was pretty excited when we found out Willie Taggart would be our next head coach.  But with the conference uncertainty, inability to put together a coaching staff, and few recruiting splashes to speak of, I'm starting to worry that the shiny new wheels on Coach Taggart's bus have already been muddied and beaten in.  

I don't know that Coach Taggart can rejuvenate this football program anymore.  I guess we'll just have to get used to mediocrity and obscurity.  

Dang we haven't even seen a game yet.  If they turn into a fired up emotional tough defensive team, I could see the excitement turning right around.  I don't see why we couldn't run the table in this conference after a building year or two.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Just wanted to write a mea culpa here.  Taggart has put together a great staff and seems to be quite the recruiter.  The luster was never gone and perhaps I jumped the gun.  Sorry guys! 

I'm hoping he's as good a gameday coach as he is recruiter.  Because we'll have one heck of a team! 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Taurean. Is. On. The. Bus.

Go. Bulls!

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Can't stop laughing.