• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weiner Stays at Plant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This really sucks.

Can't believe he'd do something like this - especially after that tear-filled going-away speech.

Would have loved to listen in on his call to Taggart.

OK, I'm done grieving.

Who's next?!?!?!

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I bet the Glazers made a call to the Harbour Island Mafia

Edited by Economics_Nerd82

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I just wonder how long it will be before we hear about Weiner getting a 'dream job' at a Big 3 school. 

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but maybe some boosters from other schools saw what we were trying to accomplish with the hiring of Weiner and put the kibosh on it by telling him to stay put and wait for an opportunity coming soon.

Maybe the other schools didn't want to risk ANY high-caliber player coming to USF, thus giving us any sort of momentum or notoriety.

I feel like the cards are so stacked against us sometimes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yuuuuuup!  He's going to be named HC of UCiF when George O'Weery retires.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

please. talk about overly dramatic.

I suppose instead of correcting his mistake he should have just kept his mouth shut and taken the job. been miserable doing it so that you wouldn't think he was unprofessional.

-------

No, he should have taken the issues under consideration before he took the job.  This is something a 17 year old waiting tables at a restaurant does, not a "beloved" and "classy" professional.

he made a mistake. we all make them. even beloved and classy professionals. he corrected it.

-------

I think we get it ... even though USF has a bit of egg on its face this morning, you don't think Weiner should face any criticism for his decision.

I'm all about someone having the right to change their mind, especially when it comes to accepting jobs, but Donovan took a bit of heat when he accepted the Orlando Magic job and reneged, so should Weiner. If he has a right to change his mind, some have a right to correctly call his reversal unprofessional. He probably should have taken more time to think about whether or not he wanted to accept, and no one would have begrudged him for staying put in a great job where he is already extremely influential.

-----------

go ahead give him heat. that's your perogative.

making a mistake isn't unprofessional. correcting that mistake isn't either. he had second thoughts obviously and felt it wasn't right for him. it's also my perogative to not give him heat and to understand that sometimes people do make decisions without thinking them through. i actually applaud the guy for doing what was right and correcting it now rather than dragging it out or leaving after a year.

------------

You could have saved a lot of time by just saying you don't think how he handled it was unprofessional. That's really the crux of the argument here.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Mviusa, you joke about that...but you'd be surprised at how powerful and connected that South Tampa community is. It wouldn't shock me at all to hear that they played a role in bringing him back. That area has no love for USF.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wasn't joking!!!

sorry but south tampa people that are influential don't send their kids to plant.

That is pure unadulterated BS. There are people that live in flippin' Avila that send their kids to Plant. You know a lot of stuff, this is not one of them. I'm often in South Tampa, and 99.9% of the collegiate plates are UF or FSU. Plant's parking lot is filled with cars that I may never be able to afford.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Mviusa, you joke about that...but you'd be surprised at how powerful and connected that South Tampa community is. It wouldn't shock me at all to hear that they played a role in bringing him back. That area has no love for USF.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wasn't joking!!!

sorry but south tampa people that are influential don't send their kids to plant.

That is pure unadulterated BS. There are people that live in flippin' Avila that send their kids to Plant. You know a lot of stuff, this is not one of them. I'm often in South Tampa, and 99.9% of the collegiate plates are UF or FSU. Plant's parking lot is filled with cars that I may never be able to afford.

dude i live in golf view. drive through the neighborhood all the time. I'm zoned for plant. I can walk there.

there are more bulls(2) on my street than gators(1) and noles(0) combined. honestly there aren't many plates or flags flown around here but it certainly isn't 99% for uf or fsu. there are all sorts UVa, Vandy, Alabama, etc.

influential people in south tampa send their kids to Berkeley, Tampa Prep, Academy, Jesuit.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Absolute killer.  I could've swore this was a joke when I saw the headline.  Man, I'm sick.  If you have that serious of doubts, you don't accept.  I don't get this at all.  Kids come and go at HS just like anywhere and if things didn't work out at USF, he would've EASILY been able to get about any hs he wanted in the area.  Wasn't like he was moving out of state!  Don't see how you turn this down to stay in HIGH SCHOOL! 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

All anyone will remember about this episode is that he chose Plant over USF. Doesnt matter the specifics, that's what will be taken away from this. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This.

USF looks like a fool, and Weiner looks like a genius. Further evidence of our fall from grace.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Many people buy in the Plant district, and send there kids private... true, but they like the area, and the values they give the house's buy saying they live in the "Plant" district...

Edited by jasonb56

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Absolute killer.  I could've swore this was a joke when I saw the headline.  Man, I'm sick.  If you have that serious of doubts, you don't accept.  I don't get this at all.  Kids come and go at HS just like anywhere and if things didn't work out at USF, he would've EASILY been able to get about any hs he wanted in the area.  Wasn't like he was moving out of state!  Don't see how you turn this down to stay in HIGH SCHOOL! 

what happens if he is fired in 3 years? it's not like he signs a lifetime contract with USF. he pretty much has that at plant.