• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vincent Jackson, OLB, Tampa Jesuit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Don't understand why he would be trumpeting USF at every turn if he was Bama bound, but the way our luck has been lately I can't say I would be shocked if so. If we can have a respectable season this year I think it will go a long way with these guys.

Taking "Finally found the school that I want to commit to" at face value would indicate it's not USF ...

This was my take.  He's at Bama. He FINALLY found a place he wants to commit to. IF>>>he stays of that mindset, Bama seems his choice.  I think he could be a 4 year starter here, and play in front of his family. If he's truly a beast, he could start at Bama, too...but most likely not till his jr or sr year.

According to Scout, Bama has 4 LBs in this year's class already.  If he projects as a DE, they have zero DE commits, it seems.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=745&yr=2014

Hopefully this is just a swoon at Bama (plenty of good reasons, obviously).  But hopefully he ends up here...seems like a better than 3 star.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Wait was he at Bama when he tweeted that? If so, I totally get what you're saying. If not, though, Bama has been recruiting him for a while so don't see how the "finally" plays in.

Wait was he at Bama when he tweeted that? If so, I totally get what you're saying. If not, though, Bama has been recruiting him for a while so don't see how the "finally" plays in.

Don't know, as I don't follow these guys that closely, but thought someone posted that he was visting Bama, then Auburn. 

When's the last time we had so much to discuss on recruits...in August.  I like the new Taggart era.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Don't know, as I don't follow these guys that closely, but thought someone posted that he was visting Bama, then Auburn. 

When's the last time we had so much to discuss on recruits...in August.  I like the new Taggart era.

Thought the same thing about somebody visiting but wasn't for sure which recruit it was .... Did VJ just visit Arkansas, also?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

That was Quinton Flowers, not VJ. VJ was NOT in Alabama when he sent that tweet

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Don't understand why he would be trumpeting USF at every turn if he was Bama bound, but the way our luck has been lately I can't say I would be shocked if so. If we can have a respectable season this year I think it will go a long way with these guys.

Taking "Finally found the school that I want to commit to" at face value would indicate it's not USF ...

This was my take. He's at Bama. He FINALLY found a place he wants to commit to. IF>>>he stays of that mindset, Bama seems his choice. I think he could be a 4 year starter here, and play in front of his family. If he's truly a beast, he could start at Bama, too...but most likely not till his jr or sr year.

According to Scout, Bama has 4 LBs in this year's class already. If he projects as a DE, they have zero DE commits, it seems.

Hopefully this is just a swoon at Bama (plenty of good reasons, obviously). But hopefully he ends up here...seems like a better than 3 star.

Or it could mean he was very interested and FINALLY made a firm decision on where he wants to be. Doesnt necessarily mean its a new place at all

Taking "Finally found the school that I want to commit to" at face value would indicate it's not USF ...

This was my take. He's at Bama. He FINALLY found a place he wants to commit to. IF>>>he stays of that mindset, Bama seems his choice. I think he could be a 4 year starter here, and play in front of his family. If he's truly a beast, he could start at Bama, too...but most likely not till his jr or sr year.

According to Scout, Bama has 4 LBs in this year's class already. If he projects as a DE, they have zero DE commits, it seems.

Hopefully this is just a swoon at Bama (plenty of good reasons, obviously). But hopefully he ends up here...seems like a better than 3 star.

Or it could mean he was very interested and FINALLY made a firm decision on where he wants to be. Doesnt necessarily mean its a new place at all

If we're learned nothing else here (and we likely haven't) it's that there's no telling what these posts mean or what's in the mind of a 17 year old kid.  I can tell you, at 17, you did NOT want to be inside my head.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Vincent Jackson Jr.â€@VMJacksonJr9h

Don't sleep on USF

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I heard we're going to announce his signing at the press conference for our OCS.