• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Preemptive Randy Shannon not hired Meltdown Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Randy Shannon's **** is considered currency in Miami, and his teeth are like sharp pieces of corn... that Randy Shannon is a son of a *****.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Randy Shannon's **** is considered currency in Miami, and his teeth are like sharp pieces of corn... that Randy Shannon is a son of a *****.

Lmao... WTF man? I'm laughing and confused all at the same time

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Lmao... WTF man? I'm laughing and confused all at the same time

He's the same guy who works at USF and didn't even know we had an Academic Committee.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Somebody got into the moonshine tonight

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

May be unrelated as USF football waits to hire defensive coordinator, but Randy Shannon and TCU have their bowl game Saturday in Tempe.

Any reason why this would make a difference? Unless it's out of loyalty to the program I don't see why. It's not like he's the HC or this is the national title game. Plenty of coaches leave before their team's bowl game. It'd be helpful for recruiting to get him on staff as soon as possible. We could just as easily be waiting until after the Pizza bowl to hire Guidry. Got my fingers crossed so far for Shannon it hurts.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I'm thinking .... hoping ... that's from a movie, maybe?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Tears of laughter falling onto my keyboard ... :D

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Even drunk, that doesn't make sense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Even drunk, that doesn't make sense.

How are we not used to that from Bubba by now?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

May be unrelated as USF football waits to hire defensive coordinator, but Randy Shannon and TCU have their bowl game Saturday in Tempe.

Any reason why this would make a difference? Unless it's out of loyalty to the program I don't see why. It's not like he's the HC or this is the national title game. Plenty of coaches leave before their team's bowl game. It'd be helpful for recruiting to get him on staff as soon as possible. We could just as easily be waiting until after the Pizza bowl to hire Guidry. Got my fingers crossed so far for Shannon it hurts.

It's a nice thought that Shannon and USF are just being classy and delaying an announcement until after his bowl game, and it is possible. However as you stated not only is he not the HC, he isn't even the DC and this isn't a big time bowl. So TCU doesn't gain a lot by Randy staying around and is hampered in one regard because until he leaves they can't go get the next best guy available either.

This isn't a super hot recruiting time either so it isn't devastating but it does hurt some any time you have big question marks in your program. USF doesn't gain much by waiting.

That leaves Randy Shannon who is benefited by allowing more job opportunities to come up and improving his salary negotiation leverage. Randy might say he wants to coach the bowl game as a pretty reasonable reason to keep his opportunities open for the time being, but its not that big of a deal for anyone involved. He is almost definitely our top target so we'd oblige this request but we may get burnt by it in the end.