• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Report Cincinnati and UCon want to form a new league

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

USF would be very dumb to sign a gor

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

I have confidence that the SEC will expand into VA/NC to complete their Confederacy; afterall, they stuck Mizzou in the "Eastern Division" only as a temporary solution. Once this takes place, more movement will occur. We just need this to happen BEFORE July (when the new BE schools are scheduled to join) or the perception that we're a happy fit with the new-member southern-based football schools will only get worse (as is already happening as seen in the UC/UConn story where we're only mentioned as an afterthought).

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Only thing with that is the Big 12 signed that GOR deal. So none of those teams will leave in the next 10 years or so.

Enough money and a team of lawyers can do a lot.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  308
  • Days Won:  0

I respect no club that is willing to have me as a member. - Mark Twain

J/k

Edited by the_bull_monty

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they soound like children

good luck forming a new league

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I'm all for it. The new Big East is a ****** joke. A new league with no Tulane, no ECU.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

This could be a good idea if it actually forms and a GOR is involved for a period of time, even if it is under a decade. The reason why I believe this is because I am not sure the ACC will survive long term. Especially if they are the only big conference without a GOR. B1G members are going nowhere. SEC members are not leaving. BXII has now strengthened itself. PAC-12 members are going nowhere.

There are a lot of ACC teams that are ripe for the picking, both present and future. The B1G could snatch of UNC and Duke in a heartbeat to keep with their academic standards and make themselves the premiere basketball league. They could also take GT, Virginia, Wake, or Pitt. I think Syracuse is out because they got booted from the AAU and I'm not sure Pitt will go anywhere without Cuse since they seem to like to hold hands. If I were the B1G, I'd probably go for UNC and Duke. Not a strong football add, but the academics are elite and so is the basketball.

So minus two to the B1G at some point.

Most of us identify VT and NC State as very possible additions to the SEC. Wake is an outside possibility since they have improved in football and add to the academic end, but I think VT and NC State the most likely additions since South Carolina, Georgia, and UF will want to prevent FSU, GT, or Clemson.

So that's two to the B1G and two to the SEC.

Now onto the Big XII. Clearly FSU is the prize for them. Big fan base in a state they don't really have a presence in. Clemson is also appealing because of stronger football tradition. But if Georgia Tech could be gotten, I think they do it. And they have expressed interest in Louisville. So I'd say they go for FSU, Clemson, GT, and Louisville. That gives FSU some eastern competition.

So 14-8=6 ACC teams left. If they Big East were still around then they would come looking at Cincy, UConn, and USF. But what if the next round of expansion doesn't happen before July? What if the BE dissolves and the ACC doesn't offer anyone? So what if a new conference is created with a GOR so it can't be picked apart?

My guess is that at that point we have Miami, Pitt, Syracuse, and the other leftovers knocking at our door instead of them taking ECU, Troy, FIU, etc.

This largely depends on if a new league is formed with a GOR before the next round of expansion. I do think that Cincy and UConn would hope to tempt the ACC or BXII before a GOR is signed, but if not then it is the ACC that would be on the chopping block.

I think a new conference is best to have in East and West divisions, as the rumors state. 12 teams is the optimal size. Rotate the schedule so you play two home games against the other division one year and only one the next to balance it out.

In the EAST I go for:

USF - obvious. I'm a homer and we're the best choice in FL outside of the Big Three.

Cincy - they are one of the ones pushing for this.

UConn - see Cincy.

Memphis - larger market, good basketball history, can improve at football.

Temple - good basketball, large market, has shown improvement at football.

Northern Illinois - not just because of their run this year, but because they have a solid football history. That said, they must improve in basketball as they have been horrible for years. They also are 60 miles outside of Chicago, so another market.

In the WEST I go for:

Boise State - obvious. They give you legitimacy.

San Diego State - larger market and in California. Have had some good teams in the past and near lots of talent.

SMU - history and market. Were in the old SWC, which would have been BCS had it survived.

Houston - see above.

BYU - national name, if you can get them on board. This means you must make Sunday travel allowances and give them the ability to have their own network in some way.

UNLV - basketball history, Las Vegas is a hub, and they are getting new, larger and nicer facilities.

Put the championship game in St, Louis, as has been mentioned.

All America Conference

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

I only wanted the championship game to be in StL for selfish reasons as that's where I live. Realistically, you'd still want to have it on a campus site. The BBall tourney could be Arch Madness, although the MVC already has claim to that.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

I only wanted the championship game to be in StL for selfish reasons as that's where I live. Realistically, you'd still want to have it on a campus site. The BBall tourney could be Arch Madness, although the MVC already has claim to that.

St. Louis makes sense, with its central location and the interesting blend of its sports culture. I think it is actually a good city for basketball.

Edited by Florida Bull