• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East basketball-only schools to split from rest of conference

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

What if, just saying, what if...the administration does not feel the need to keep this board informed of every conference call, video conference, email flurry and standing at the urinal conversation that takes place regarding what they are and are not doing for USF? Is that possible? USF is not - by any stretch of the imagination - in a position to tell the conference that this is unacceptable and we DEMAND - Boy, I say we DEMAND.... anything. USF is just gonna have to ride this wave to shore. And if it looks like we're in a conference, laden with CUSA & MW refugees, oh well...

I would hasten to point out that sources speaking on the condition of anonymity who are close to the program have indicated that there's the possibility that....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What if, just saying, what if...the administration does not feel the need to keep this board informed of every conference call, video conference, email flurry and standing at the urinal conversation that takes place regarding what they are and are not doing for USF? Is that possible? USF is not - by any stretch of the imagination - in a position to tell the conference that this is unacceptable and we DEMAND - Boy, I say we DEMAND.... anything. USF is just gonna have to ride this wave to shore. And if it looks like we're in a conference, laden with CUSA & MW refugees, oh well...

I would hasten to point out that sources speaking on the condition of anonymity who are close to the program have indicated that there's the possibility that....

There are those that assume that no talk of action = no action. I'm only in my early 30's, but I've been around the block enough to know that usually the details of major deals don't get released until agreements are made and the deal is virtually done, if not officially done. It's just the way it works. Info leaks to the outside could cause all kinds of problems for negotiations. I've come to accept the fact that TBP is filled with all different types and that makes it much easier to handle the impetuous, impatient ones on here who think they need to know every detail, every minute of every day.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

'UConn president Susan Herbst has contacted officials from the non-FBS Big East members, pleading with them to stay in the league, sources told ESPN.

Ironically, Herbst, along with Cincinnati and South Florida officials, heavily lobbied to get out of the Big East and join the ACC when the league had to replace Maryland.'

http://espn.go.com/c...ast-sources-say

This is the stupidest thing ever. UConn = bunch of hypocrites. 'Please, please stay, just long enough for us to get our invite so we can bail on you.'

Agreed with Apis above, USF has played its hand pretty well in not going public with a bunch of whining trying to get into another conference. Hell, even CIncy tried to get Urban Meyer to lobby on their behalf. USF has acted like more of a grownup than any of its counterparts that we're stranded on a desert island with.

details please

http://espn.go.com/b...o-lobby-for-acc

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was unaware of this. wow.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So because they don't go out and cry, that a failure of leadership? I assure you that the ACC and the Big 12 know very well who we are. No amount of public whining is going to change that. Right now, Cincy and UConn look bad. I feel that our people are acting more like leaders than the other athletic departments are.

You can look back at my previous posts to see that I've applauded them for how they've worked behind the scenes, unlike UCONN and Cincy. You're missing my point. My point is not that they're not doing anything, it's that they've failed to make the case that what happens to USF's football team is or should be relevant to more than just us, but the whole community.

Do our local, state, and federal politicians care, or even know what's going on? Does our Board of Trustees have anything to say about the shifting landscape, and how it might affect USF? If not, why not? Shouldn't the university president and the AD be the ones to try to spark a broader, community-based interest in what happens to our local college football team? Or is just up to what 98.7 the Fan? THAT is my point. Why this isn't a bigger issue in the community boggles the mind. And I ascribe that to a failure to market the university by our leadership. Feel free to disagree, but that's my opinion.

I do disagree. I don't think that would have been of any benefit. Trying to rally the Tampa Bay area (if that is even possible) would have no effect.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

'UConn president Susan Herbst has contacted officials from the non-FBS Big East members, pleading with them to stay in the league, sources told ESPN.

Ironically, Herbst, along with Cincinnati and South Florida officials, heavily lobbied to get out of the Big East and join the ACC when the league had to replace Maryland.'

http://espn.go.com/c...ast-sources-say

This is the stupidest thing ever. UConn = bunch of hypocrites. 'Please, please stay, just long enough for us to get our invite so we can bail on you.'

Agreed with Apis above, USF has played its hand pretty well in not going public with a bunch of whining trying to get into another conference. Hell, even CIncy tried to get Urban Meyer to lobby on their behalf. USF has acted like more of a grownup than any of its counterparts that we're stranded on a desert island with.

details please

http://espn.go.com/b...o-lobby-for-acc

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was unaware of this. wow.

I know right? Who wants to propose marriage to the super desperate girl?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

So because they don't go out and cry, that a failure of leadership? I assure you that the ACC and the Big 12 know very well who we are. No amount of public whining is going to change that. Right now, Cincy and UConn look bad. I feel that our people are acting more like leaders than the other athletic departments are.

You can look back at my previous posts to see that I've applauded them for how they've worked behind the scenes, unlike UCONN and Cincy. You're missing my point. My point is not that they're not doing anything, it's that they've failed to make the case that what happens to USF's football team is or should be relevant to more than just us, but the whole community.

Do our local, state, and federal politicians care, or even know what's going on? Does our Board of Trustees have anything to say about the shifting landscape, and how it might affect USF? If not, why not? Shouldn't the university president and the AD be the ones to try to spark a broader, community-based interest in what happens to our local college football team? Or is just up to what 98.7 the Fan? THAT is my point. Why this isn't a bigger issue in the community boggles the mind. And I ascribe that to a failure to market the university by our leadership. Feel free to disagree, but that's my opinion.

I do disagree. I don't think that would have been of any benefit. Trying to rally the Tampa Bay area (if that is even possible) would have no effect.

BINGO!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

If UCONN can't get into the ACC asap, I think they'll go with the BE b'ball teams if they split, and go indie in football. Football for them is an afterthought anyway.

UCant is not going to shut down its football program...

LOL. Did you even read my post before replying?

What did you expect with a person who has a profile picture of a raw chicken on his head.

It's an Oregon Duck....

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree. You think Judy and Doug have done all that they can do, and I think they could do more, to foster greater support in the community for USF football.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I agree with those above who are pleased with the way we've kept things quiet and worked behind the scenes. I am sure they are both working overtime to try and get us to land softly somewhere. It would be nice to get an update though, kind of like how Cincy sent out the one to their students assuring them they are working hard on making sure our University is in the best possible position for our future...but I suppose even that would make it to the press and make us look bad in some way...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

It's basically reached the point where we pray that someone poaches the ACC (coughFSUcough). That's all we can do.