• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS on the Cheap

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

it looks like a mini-Rose Bowl-- very flat and the farthest seats are FAR from the field, not HIGH above the field in the sun

if you notice, the tunnels for the fans lead to the OUTSIDE of the stadium. which means, there is no concessions area for the stadium.. so, unlike most stadiums, where you want to get food/drink/bathroom, it will lead you to the outside of the stadium, where the food and drink and bathrooms will be. that being said, i still think we would be more than happy with this stadium on campus.

Man I don't care about stuff like that. I would so like this type of stadium. It would be awesome to have gamedays take place on campus. Traditions, get the student orgs involved and out and about, build some pride from the alumni about the new spruced up campus.

On a humorous note, the business building is a bunker and it has a concessions area:

BSN-EXT.jpg

I really think that this would be the best case bet for an OCS... $17 million and we will have a world class stadium..

Also Yale recently added seat backs to the lower donor sections...

When pigs fly......

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Since $$ is an issue we could always do what Winston-Salem State did and build a multipurpose stadium... they did Nascar

http://localracing.n...r.com/node/2381

http://bleacherrepor...al-2011-edition

Not a chance

This has already been discussed/confirmed/mentioned by the A.D.

/thread

All the more reason Woolard needs to go! Of all the the issues we have and things we need, a place to play 6 football games a year is NOT high on the list!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Since $$ is an issue we could always do what Winston-Salem State did and build a multipurpose stadium... they did Nascar

http://localracing.n...r.com/node/2381

http://bleacherrepor...al-2011-edition

Not a chance

This has already been discussed/confirmed/mentioned by the A.D.

/thread

All the more reason Woolard needs to go! Of all the the issues we have and things we need, a place to play 6 football games a year is NOT high on the list!

:huh: .... How did you get that it was high on DW's list??

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

High School Stadium, central Texas. $60 million.

allen%20eagle%20stadium.jpg

Here is another Texas high school stadium.

993.jpg

And another.

04sqbq5.jpg

So maybe pick up a used Texas High School stadium for $17 mil?

That stadium like most cost $60 million because of all the architectural crap... the Yale Bowl or a stadium like it would be mostly fill dirt, concrete tunnels, and the stands are not supported up in the air but are on-top of dirt which is again cheap.

I don't know about y'all but I would rather have an adjusted 60K seating capacity Yale Bowl for $17-$20 million out the door, then having a 40K seating capacity dumbed down copy of RayJay for $300 million.

Also ask yourselves which is better for USF down the road... taking out a loan for something that they will not be able to pay back for decades, or something they can fund out of pocket right now that will last forever. The Yale Bowl is nearly 100 years old and still is considered one of the top 25 stadiums in college football... I doubt that the Minnesota stadium or RayJay will live to see 100 years.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The Yale Bowl is nearly 100 years old and still is considered one of the top 25 stadiums in college football

LOL. By whom? Have you ever been there?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

One problem with a stadium built into the ground would be flooding so pumps would be a couple million also but I do like that type of design.

I would also like to see them use the extended shades on the top to help trap sound, that with the built into the ground design

and it would be louder than ray jay even if it only held 50k.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

I've actually been to the Yale Bowl and it really is a no frills stadium: no concessions and no restrooms.. but they are on the outside.

But it's something and it will stand the test of time.. and it's something we can call our own

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I've actually been to the Yale Bowl and it really is a no frills stadium: no concessions and no restrooms.. but they are on the outside.

But it's something and it will stand the test of time.. and it's something we can call our own

Seriously doubt that would meet code or be what fans desire.

Do you really think that something could actually meet code or be what fans desire? PURE SARCASM!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I think that turd bowl Yale calls a stadium looks like crap. Pretty sure sand doesn't pack like dirt either. Do it right, spend the $200 million. Somebody write a check. Where's our Phil Knight or T Boone Pickens? I know some of you guys must have fat stacks.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I think that turd bowl Yale calls a stadium looks like crap. Pretty sure sand doesn't pack like dirt either. Do it right, spend the $200 million. Somebody write a check. Where's our Phil Knight or T Boone Pickens? I know some of you guys must have fat stacks.

Thank you. How about we wait until we can build something nice instead of a toilet bowl with no concessions? We are not Yale and this won't have tradition or have been built in 1914 with a pick axe and sweat. Save the cash and, when the money is there and the time is right, build a replica of what Minnesota has done. Edited by Hem