• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Between a Rock and Hard Spot...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

After listening to 98.7 "The Fan" this morning I came to realize two things that I did not understand before with my green and gold goggles on...

(1). USF is a ****** team (thanks to Skip) in an even ****** conference... this alone might scare away the big name coaching candidates.

(2). The Big East is in full decline and was nearly disbanded a week ago... this again might scare away the big name coaches.

I now think we may only have a serious shot at the following candidates because the state of our current program (thanks Skip), the window to improve the program from basically scratch back to at least where it was under Leavitt (3-4 years max), and the uncertainty of the Big East and USF's conference future.

(1). Houston Nutt - He wants out of Ole Miss and wants a good job with a school in an easy conference where he can make a name for himself again.

(2). Willie Taggart - He is from here and might be ready to move up from WKU.

(3). Bobby Petrino - Damaged goods... none of the big boys will take him.

(4). Butch Davis - Damaged goods... none of the big boys will take him.

Also what about Jim Tressel? He is just as crappy as Petrino and Davis... the vest would go a long way towards fixing this crap fest.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

After listening to 98.7 "The Fan" this morning I came to realize two things that I did not understand before with my green and gold goggles on...

(1). USF is a ****** team (thanks to Skip) in an even ****** conference... this alone might scare away the big name coaching candidates.

(2). The Big East is in full decline and was nearly disbanded a week ago... this again might scare away the big name coaches.

I now think we may only have a serious shot at the following candidates because the state of our current program (thanks Skip), the window to improve the program from basically scratch back to at least where it was under Leavitt (3-4 years max), and the uncertainty of the Big East and USF's conference future.

(1). Houston Nutt - He wants out of Ole Miss and wants a good job with a school in an easy conference where he can make a name for himself.

(2). Willie Taggart - He is from here and might be ready to move up from WKU.

(3). Bobby Petrino - Damaged goods... none of the big boys will take him.

(4). Butch Davis - Damaged goods... none of the big boys will take him.

Also what about Jim Tressel? He is just as crappy as Petrino and Davis... the vest would go a long way towards fixing this crap fest.

houston nutt got his wish. he is no longer at ole miss. USF is a great opportunity despite what the negative pundits say. it pays very well. we will be playing weak competition. and it could lead to much bigger jobs in the future. jobs like colorado or purdue are dead end jobs. they are lower tier (within their conference) which makes it tougher to win and they don't pay ridiculously more. I see nothing but a great opportunity at USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

Jesus. Let me talk you off the ledge.

Booger went to LSU, and tends to look down on everything else, even other SEC programs.

Reports of the USF job being so down-in-the-dumps are greatly exaggerated. We have confirmed interest from some hot coordinators and coaches. The media is consistently reporting that they are impressed by the pool lining up to interview.

We aren't on top of the world but we are nowhere near the bottom, as some may believe from behind the mic.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Booger went to LSU, and tends to look down on everything else, even other SEC programs.

Reports of the USF job being so down-in-the-dumps are greatly exaggerated. We have confirmed interest from some hot coordinators and coaches. The media is consistently reporting that they are impressed by the pool lining up to interview.

We aren't on top of the world but we are nowhere near the bottom, as some may believe from behind the mic.

Booger's not on in the morning ... Probably Dinger and the other guy.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This. The only people talking bad about the USF program are close minded local radio personalities, that never said anything positive about USF to begin with. No one here listened to them before. Why start now?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

I think we are still in pretty good shape dispite all of the negative press. Athlon has us ranked 5th out of all the current open coaching jobs.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-jobs-2012-coaching-carousel

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

True story.

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

Folks at @AthlonSports ranked all the college football openings. USF tied for fifth, ahead of Colorado, BC, Purdue. http://ow.ly/fOVXx

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not saying its not a good job... but that the Big East being downgraded might and will likely scare away the top candidates like Dykes and Quinn.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

Jim Tressel must sit out 1st 5 games and any bowl if applicable in 1st season. Hiring school must provide their case as to why Tressel should not be punished further, something called "show cause"? Doubt Woolard would want to deal with all this. Though Tressel would immediately raise our profile and recruits would fall over each other trying to sign for us. Might not be bad though, he may come cheap with suspensions and all. Question is, are we as a fan base willing to wait 2-3 more years for results. Tressel is shady, but he's a winner.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

True story.

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

Folks at @AthlonSports ranked all the college football openings. USF tied for fifth, ahead of Colorado, BC, Purdue. http://ow.ly/fOVXx

much easier to win at USF than those other places. we pay probably close to the same. easier to recruit to and nice city to live in.