• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

He has a record of being a beast recruiter in a Florida program as well as rebuilding a Florida program

As far as recruiting, Butch is the best candidate. No comparison.

He recruited all the players that made up the 2001 Hurricanes. . . . . . they had 16 first round draft picks.

Its not just that he closes. . . . . . he has a one-of-a-kind eye for talent.

Too bad he's a dirtbag. But I'd get over myself.

Im sure being at Miami helps alot. I dont recall his recruits at UNC being super stellar

Being at Miami helps but it obviously doesn't help enough. Randy Shannon couldn't get it done.. Coker just rode the talent wave that Butch assembled to a national title before he was hired. Al Golden is no Butch either.

Butch is our only proven candidate. I think at the least we get to a 8-5 record with Butch like he did at UNC

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

Davis took a UNC team that had only one winning season in the 6 prior years and stacked the team with talent, leading to winning seasons. If there is anyone who can turn the team arround quickly, it's Davis.

Here is how I see it, Davis is a short term solution, and Taggart is a long term solution. Given the rapidly changing college athletics landscape, I think we need to make an impression now, and Davis would be better in that respect.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

why is this even a thread..has it ever been mentioned by anyone he is a canidate or anyone from usf is going to reach out to him. He does not seem like an option.

He is one of the top candidates for the job.

One of the top candidates to this board ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Davis took a UNC team that had only one winning season in the 6 prior years and stacked the team with talent, leading to winning seasons. If there is anyone who can turn the team arround quickly, it's Davis.

Here is how I see it, Davis is a short term solution, and Taggart is a long term solution. Given the rapidly changing college athletics landscape, I think we need to make an impression now, and Davis would be better in that respect.

There is really no need to make any kind of impression right now ... You go with the best long term solution, whoever that is.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  1

Davis is a short term solution, and Taggart is a long term solution. Given the rapidly changing college athletics landscape, I think we need to make an impression now, and Davis would be better in that respect.

I'm of the belief that as long as USF remains in the Big East that no Coach is more than a short term commitment. If a Coach has marked success as USF he will jump to the SEC, B1G, BIG12, or PAC after only 2-4 years. If the Coach isn't successful then recent history has shown they will be fired at 2-4 years.

That said, I'm not buying into the Taggart is a long term solution nonsense. We need a proven prospect to turn the program around and accept that as long as we are in the Big East we will never hold a high profile Coach for long. In which case Davis is clearly a better prospect and Taggart really shouldnt be in the conversation....

Edited by wiltznucs

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Don't know if it's real, but I think that it would make sense for Davis to be a better option if we're trying to jump up in conference. Like showing, †we have a big time coach in a big market, you can't question whether we being.â€

Again, stupid for a coach that may be here 3 years or 20 years to play a role in that. But I feel a big name guy does add some juice to the argument.

Davis is a short term solution, and Taggart is a long term solution. Given the rapidly changing college athletics landscape, I think we need to make an impression now, and Davis would be better in that respect.

I'm of the belief that as long as USF remains in the Big East that no Coach is more than a short term commitment. If a Coach has marked success as USF he will jump to the SEC, B1G, BIG12, or PAC after only 2-4 years. If the Coach isn't successful then recent history has shown they will be fired at 2-4 years.

That said, I'm not buying into the Taggart is a long term solution nonsense. We need a proven prospect to turn the program around and accept that as long as we are in the Big East we will never hold a high profile Coach for long. In which case Davis is clearly a better prospect and Taggart really shouldnt be in the conversation....

Despite his ties to Tampa, I think taggarts youth is a DISADVANTAGE for us because if he builds us up, he is still young enough that he will have more time left in his career to jump and get a better payday from a sec school.

In my mind, Butch is older and less likely to move around because of his age. He has made it known that he wasn't planning on leaving UNC. if it weren't for his firing, he would still he there. He tested the waters and hopped around, but he is at a point in his career where he wants to settle down.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Well I guess this is not a problem now.

The terms of Davis' settlement with the University of North Carolina prevented him from taking a coaching position, and he was instead hired as an advisor to Schiano, who was the defensive coordinator under Davis at the University of Miami.[15]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butch_Davis

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

Well I guess this is not a problem now.

The terms of Davis' settlement with the University of North Carolina prevented him from taking a coaching position, and he was instead hired as an advisor to Schiano, who was the defensive coordinator under Davis at the University of Miami.[15]

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Butch_Davis

I believe its already been established he forfeits whatever is left of the payout if he returns to coaching in NCAA. This is why it was speculated he was in no hurry and would not take just any job. That said, I dont think he's coming here anyway.