• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston Nutt interested in USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Is Houston Nutt the new football coach or did someone mess with his Wikipedia page?? I would have included a screenshot but can't seem to figure out how to attach the file.

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Houston_Nutt

Houston Dale Nutt, Jr. (born October 14, 1957) is an American football coach for the University of South Florida and former player. Most recently he was the head football coach at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) from 2008 to 2011. Previously, he served as the head coach at Murray State University (1993–1996), Boise State University (1997), and the University of Arkansas (1998–2007). Nutt has served as an assistant coach under Lou Holtz and Jack Crowe. He currently works for CBS as a college football in studio analyst.

Edited by bullsqrd

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

Someone's messing with his Wikipedia page, he's not our coach yet. He's not even in USF's top three.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

Is Houston Nutt the new football coach or did someone mess with his Wikipedia page?? I would have included a screenshot but can't seem to figure out how to attach the file.

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Houston_Nutt

Houston Dale Nutt, Jr. (born October 14, 1957) is an American football coach for the University of South Florida and former player. Most recently he was the head football coach at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) from 2008 to 2011. Previously, he served as the head coach at Murray State University (1993–1996), Boise State University (1997), and the University of Arkansas (1998–2007). Nutt has served as an assistant coach under Lou Holtz and Jack Crowe. He currently works for CBS as a college football in studio analyst.

It is now gone..

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Jeremy Fowlerâ€@JFowlerCBS

I'm told Houston Nutt talked with USF by phone yesterday, mostly to gauge interest. Not a formal interview.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Jeremy Fowlerâ€@JFowlerCBS

I'm told Houston Nutt talked with USF by phone yesterday, mostly to gauge interest. Not a formal interview.

What? Was Houston Nutt gauging USF's interest in him? Obviously Nutt is interested by his own admission. USF will not hire Nutt.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Everything that I am hearing, which is public to all, is that it is WT.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

I hope that this is not true given that far better options are on the table, most of which who we have yet to contact.

If we do end up getting Taggart and not contacting other better coaches then we had better spend a lot of money on some good coordinators... I mean good coordinators. Anything less then Randy Shannon and Larry Coker level coordinators will be a kick in the teeth.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I hope that this is not true given that far better options are on the table, most of which who we have yet to contact.

If we do end up getting Taggart and not contacting other better coaches then we had better spend a lot of money on some good coordinators... I mean good coordinators. Anything less then Randy Shannon and Larry Coker level coordinators will be a kick in the teeth.

1) Who is "better" than Taggart that we should contact thats a legit option?

2) Whats a "Larry Coker" level coordinator? Someone who is currently a head coach with a 7 year contract that pays more than we've ever paid an assistant?

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

2) Whats a "Larry Coker" level coordinator? Someone who is currently a head coach with a 7 year contract that pays more than we've ever paid an assistant?

1) Gee let me think... Sonny Dykes, Quinn, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino, Stoops, Smart, and even Tressel come to mind as more successful options. Before we begin interviewing and giving job offers to Sun Belt coaches we need to work our way through proven "big league" talent first.

2) A Larry Coker coordinator is a big name coordinator that can come in and turn their side of the ball around instantly. Coker is making the same amount a year that we currently pay our coordinators and he was the right hand man of Butch Davis when he made Miami into a National Championship team back in the late 1990's. There are plenty of great coordinators that have washed out as head coaches currently coaching FCS schools for pennies. If we want to get to the next level then we will need proven next level talent at the coordinator spots regardless of who we hire.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

1) Gee let me think... Sonny Dykes, Quinn, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino, Stoops, Smart, and even Tressel come to mind as more successful options. Before we begin interviewing and giving job offers to Sun Belt coaches we need to work our way through proven "big league" talent first.

+1

I won't mind a Taggert hire, but he's no run away candidate in my mind. He's got concerns, and there are some very intriguing realistic options out there (some listed above) as well.

• Upvote 1