• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skippy Rumor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/study-usf-football-still-cheapest-ticket-bcs Even if we dont increase our season ticket holder BASE, we still sell or avg over 30,000 per game correct? So take 5 bucks increase per game times 30,000 tickets sold. That is 150,000 per game. x 6 HOME games is 900,000 a year built in to the cost of the ticket. Some games would actually draw more fans than 30,000. So more money. We have one of the lowest cost tickets in the NCAA. Esp the BCS Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

We have 23,000 season tickets holders aprox. Skips buy out is 500,000 a year. I bet most season ticket holders would be willing to pony up 5.00 per game if Skip is fired and a REAL head coach is brought in. (6 games x 23,000 season tickets holders = 660,000) The school would cover the cost of the firing and profit 160,000 JUST OFF Season ticket holders, not counting the individual ticket buyers. It would bascially cost the School NOTHING. In fact if you got a REAL HEAD COACH you may actually increase your season ticket holder base and make more money. WAKE THE HELL UP DOUG AND JUDY.

simple Math.

A REAL head coach? How will you know the next one will be a REAL head coach. ... ?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

We have 23,000 season tickets holders aprox. Skips buy out is 500,000 a year. I bet most season ticket holders would be willing to pony up 5.00 per game if Skip is fired and a REAL head coach is brought in. (6 games x 23,000 season tickets holders = 660,000) The school would cover the cost of the firing and profit 160,000 JUST OFF Season ticket holders, not counting the individual ticket buyers. It would bascially cost the School NOTHING. In fact if you got a REAL HEAD COACH you may actually increase your season ticket holder base and make more money. WAKE THE HELL UP DOUG AND JUDY.

simple Math.

Raising ticket prices?

First off, you assume that all 23k season ticket holders return even with no change in price which will not be the case, even from some of the die hards on this board. Refer to other threads from people who discuss not renewing and buying cheaper tickets off of stub hub if you don't believe me.

Secondly, if they tried to raise prices after these past two years, it would be ludicrous. It's like pleading for a company to raise its prices on a terrible product they manufactured so that they will have more money to fire their CEO. I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not sure it's a realistic possibility.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Skip will remain. Word on campus going through all the offices right now is that USF would rather not buy him out. Too much moola.

I'm on campus and I haven't heard this at all. Who have you heard this from?

Ill take 247sports over "word on campus" any day.

Take what you want, I really don't care. I know what I've heard in the office, financial aid if you're wondering.

Guess those people shouldn't be working in financial aid because $10 million is way more money than $2.5 million. It's cheaper to fire him. No debate on that.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

simple Math.

A REAL head coach? How will you know the next one will be a REAL head coach. ... ?

Because he will be Superbowl winning coach Tony Dungy! With DC Michael Strahan and OC Jon Gruden, led by new AD Derrick Brooks. Duhhhhhhh.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Per Greg Auman yesterday, there is basically zero chance USF will hire Petrino. The way he said it makes me believe he has inquired along those lines and been told no way it happens.

He is probably correct... a big reason why Doug and Judy hired Skip was because he is good at increasing the GPA of his players... obviously they forget that the job of a football coach is to win football games and not increase the GPA of the players.

IF USF fires Skip then they will likely hire another dud... Petrino would make to much since for our admin.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Per Greg Auman yesterday, there is basically zero chance USF will hire Petrino. The way he said it makes me believe he has inquired along those lines and been told no way it happens.

He is probably correct... a big reason why Doug and Judy hired Skip was because he is good at increasing the GPA of his players... obviously they forget that the job of a football coach is to win football games and not increase the GPA of the players.

The job of a football coach at a university is to do both. This ain't the pros, man.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Soooo ... I'm guessing the players aren't fighting with coaches because they got a 3.2 GPA instead of a 3.3?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

IF USF fires Skip then they will likely hire another dud... Petrino would make to much since for our admin.

Auman also said Skip would be here next year, which looks highly doubtful now.