• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Skip Holtz Stays @ USF, then

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

There are too many of these threads around here. Realistically, it is highly doubtful that Holtz gets fired. That said, I can't imagine the staff comes back in tact. As much as I hate to bring them up, O'Liar shook up his coaching staff two years ago after a pathetic season. He got rid of some of the guys that were around for loyalty and injected some young, firey coaches. I actually thought he was crazy at the time because he made some bizarre moves. Moved one coach from offense to defense or the other way around. But they turned things around quickly and he credits the new blood for bringing in new energy. I think that is the best hope.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Didn't Holtz shake his staff up a bit after last season?

Snyder left and Cosh came in. I think that's about it. I'd expect a bigger shakeup this time around.

Snyder left and Cosh came in. I think that's about it. I'd expect a bigger shakeup this time around.

Vaas was QB coach in 2011, then TE coach in 2012. Fitch was OC, and possibly one other position coach, can't remember which, but took over QB coach from Vaas.

Vaas was QB coach in 2011, then TE coach in 2012. Fitch was OC, and possibly one other position coach, can't remember which, but took over QB coach from Vaas.

True. That change seemed to work out pretty well until all the injuries hit.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

If there is a bigger shake-up, it's probably going to only involve juggling current staff, unless someone leaves on their own. He can't go outside the program and get anybody worth a **** to come here under the current uncertainty.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Larry Scott moved from TE to RB as Fitch had the RBs before.

Larry Scott moved from TE to RB as Fitch had the RBs before.

I knew there was more beyond Fitch and Vaas. Thanks.

If there is a bigger shake-up, it's probably going to only involve juggling current staff, unless someone leaves on their own. He can't go outside the program and get anybody worth a **** to come here under the current uncertainty.

If UCF could get coaches two years ago, USF can find coaches. Lots of quality assistant coaches are going to find themselves without a job shortly, and there are plenty of quality assistant coaches in lower conferences. A guy like Hudson might jump at DC if he doesn't get the gig at FSU. If he does a good job in two years here, his career will be the better for it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

Afternoon everyone,

As much as I would love to baby boy Holtz gone. I have a question that sparks reservation about letting him go.

And that would be, who would they be able to get and who can they "afford" to get after buying out the contract? And this will have be looked at closely. In the years I have watched College Football in this state, I have never seen the amount of available coaching jobs going into an off season as this season has produced.

Looking it over, there are vacancies at:

1. Auburn

2. Tennessee

3. Kentucky (filled with Stoops)

4. Boston College

5. NC State

6. Arkansas

7. Colorado

8. Cal

9. Smaller schools not worth talking about.

There is also talk of a remote possibility of Mr Kelly leaving Oregon to go to the pros, so that would open another spot. Also, Paul Johnson at GT and Baby Kif at USC are in hot water to where their futures are unknown.

Those are alot of positions and looking over the big name coaches out there that could possibly bring in recruits due to their name alone, it is looking like there are more vacancies than actual people to fill those. Which is surprising in this day and age in the US, but, I digress.

Personally, I see Holtz there next year. Reasoning is not due to the record which has been dreadful, but, due to financial reasons and available named coaches.