• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Powerball Pledge

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

My only thing is that my name wouldn't sound fantastic as a stadium name.

"Breedwell stadium" or "breedwell field" doesn't roll off the tongue I think :P

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I'll give Asiantii Woulard 100 stacks to come to USF. Call me Nevin Shapiro.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

^ Correct, the full amount is an annuity paid out in 29 years. No one in their right mind would take this with the impending "fiscal cliff" on the horizon. Best to take the lump sum (roughly $375 million) and brace yourself for taxes. Consevatively you are looking at $225 million after taxes.

From there the following should happen:

$45 million into bonds and other low risk investments

$35 million into aggressive growth stocks/commodities

$25 million into a family trust

That leave $120 million to buy USF a mighty fine fieldhouse as well as indulge in the finer things in life.

I see nothing in there about helping out the in laws ;-)

I'd skip the aggressive growth stocks due to the fiscal cliff and put that $35 million in the family trust as well.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

a winner in Arizona & Missouri

hopefully it was brad

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

a winner in Arizona & Missouri

hopefully it was brad

I was thinking the same thing lol. If he doesnt post today we know why lol

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

Can you provide evidence that rich people are cheap and selfish or do you just think rich people are like Scrooge McDuck with a vault full of money to swim in?

In the last few decades the amount of money controlled by a small percentage of people has grown significantly. If they are giving it all away that would not happen. They have every right to do it just as he has every right to say it's selfish to do that. However the facts speak for themselves -- the rich have accumulated a higher and higher percentage of the overall pool of money with each passing year. So yes they are essentially Scrooging it up in a vault. Building a hospital wing doesn't change the facts -- people in the 20's might have been fooled by that but after decades of the same stuff less and less people are fooled. There's a storm coming Mr. Wayne.

This will probably get moved to the Mad Cow, but I just can't stand when someone calls another person selfish and tells them what to do with their money. Its their money to do with how they please.

Those statements are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true and both are true. It's true it is their money and they can do what they like and its true its selfish to hoard money among a smaller and small group of people. There is almost no economist in the entire world who would tell you the economy and capitalism in general would not be stronger if they took a portion of that wealth and paid their employees a higher wage. They could end the recession today if as a group they decided to "trickle down" that money. It is their right to keep their money -- they earned it -- but I am not going to pretend it isn't a selfish act. Again ... their right to do what they want. Just like it is USF's right to retain Skip Holtz and our right to say it's a horrible decision.

I could donate way more money to charity than I do. I got a thing in the mail the other day about buying a goat and I just threw it in the garbage without thinking about it. It was a selfish act. I could easily afford it. I literally wouldn't even notice the money was gone. I could buy ten goats. 100! It is my right to decide I want to buy a second house and a BMW instead. I am not going to lie to myself and others and pretend its not selfish however.

I should probably buy the goat though ... in hindsight that was kind of a **** move.

Sorry for OT ... although this is a thread about the powerball lottery which is essentially fantasy so it was way OT to begin with.

Edited by njligernj

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Can you provide evidence that rich people are cheap and selfish or do you just think rich people are like Scrooge McDuck with a vault full of money to swim in?

In the last few decades the amount of money controlled by a small percentage of people has grown significantly. If they are giving it all away that would not happen. They have every right to do it just as he has every right to say it's selfish to do that. However the facts speak for themselves -- the rich have accumulated a higher and higher percentage of the overall pool of money with each passing year. So yes they are essentially Scrooging it up in a vault. Building a hospital wing doesn't change the facts -- people in the 20's might have been fooled by that but after decades of the same stuff less and less people are fooled. There's a storm coming Mr. Wayne.

This will probably get moved to the Mad Cow, but I just can't stand when someone calls another person selfish and tells them what to do with their money. Its their money to do with how they please.

Those statements are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true and both are true. It's true it is their money and they can do what they like and its true its selfish to hoard money among a smaller and small group of people. There is almost no economist in the entire world who would tell you the economy and capitalism in general would not be stronger if they took a portion of that wealth and paid their employees a higher wage. They could end the recession today if as a group they decided to "trickle down" that money. It is their right to keep their money -- they earned it -- but I am not going to pretend it isn't a selfish act. Again ... their right to do what they want. Just like it is USF's right to retain Skip Holtz and our right to say it's a horrible decision.

I could donate way more money to charity than I do. I got a thing in the mail the other day about buying a goat and I just threw it in the garbage without thinking about it. It was a selfish act. I could easily afford it. I literally wouldn't even notice the money was gone. I could buy ten goats. 100! It is my right to decide I want to buy a second house and a BMW instead. I am not going to lie to myself and others and pretend its not selfish however.

I should probably buy the goat though ... in hindsight that was kind of a **** move.

Sorry for OT ... although this is a thread about the powerball lottery which is essentially fantasy so it was way OT to begin with.

If you're so well off, can you get me a goat or two as well? :D