• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Powerball Pledge

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's up to $550 million, but what is $50 million...."mere bag of shells."

It's funny how we all see these big lotto numbers and imagine how much we'd donate and help people. There are billionaires right here in tampa, wish one of them would throw USF a bone :(

They don't stay billionaires by giving hand outs. Too many rich people are cheap and selfish.

Or maybe they donate to worthwhile endeavors, like hospitals and such, instead of football teams.

I would easily donate $50 million for Skip to be gone + OCS. What are OCS going for nowadays?

A lot more than $47.5mil.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

It's up to $550 million, but what is $50 million...."mere bag of shells."

It's funny how we all see these big lotto numbers and imagine how much we'd donate and help people. There are billionaires right here in tampa, wish one of them would throw USF a bone :(

They don't stay billionaires by giving hand outs. Too many rich people are cheap and selfish.

Link?

No seriously. Can you provide evidence that rich people are cheap and selfish or do you just think rich people are like Scrooge McDuck with a vault full of money to swim in?

tumblr_litmznMsQa1qc9wlr.jpg

This will probably get moved to the Mad Cow, but I just can't stand when someone calls another person selfish and tells them what to do with their money. Its their money to do with how they please. Many invest in markets and companies, providing capital and jobs to thousands of people. There are a lot of anonymous donors you never hear about as well. So don't go around playing this class warfare stuff. /rant

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,125
  • Days Won:  39

I am all for the Askgary.com Powerball Field at USF Stadium

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

If I win, I will buy season tickets to every sport at USF, go to every football game, and some basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball, tec. games for the rest of my life.

Oh yea, and raise my donor level somewhere past the Green Jacket I now have.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

I would be building a new stand alone facility for the USF fencing club, as well as hiring a coach to get us into the NCAA for fencing.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719

If I win the $500 million...

First I'm paying off my debts and my parents debt. Then get myself a new car. Take about $3-5 million to save and invest.

The other $490 million...

u either have A LOT of debt, or your taste in cars is extremely expensive. haha.

tumblr_litmznMsQa1qc9wlr.jpg

although i agree with your general argument against demonizing the rich with unsubstantiated generalizations, the man DID say "too many rich people." he didn't say "all" or refer to just "rich people" in general. there was a qualifier there.

that said, if there are billionaires in Tampa there is no reason they couldn't or shouldn't throw some money at USF. it's the 9th largest University in the country. students from all over the country and the world attend the school. while donating to the football program in specific or athletics in general may seem like a secondary option to donating for research or academic purposes, successful football (and basketball) programs generate revenue on a long-term basis, revenue that can be used to improve the school as a whole. as corny/cliche as it sounds, it would be an investment for the future of the entire University.

if i were to get lucky enough to come across $500MM i would absolutely drop a few $M on the University, both athletics and academics. it was good to me as a student and despite the recent crapfest of the Holtz New Error, it has been good to me as a fan of both its football and basketball programs.

the exact amount, of course, would depend on how much of it the government robs me of... and how much my Romanian mail-order bride will cost.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,674
  • Days Won:  29

Also firing Woolard!