• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Powerball Pledge

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If I win the $500 million...

First I'm paying off my debts and my parents debt. Then get myself a new car. Take about $3-5 million to save and invest.

The other $490 million, donate some to the Boy Scouts and some to my high school. What ever is left, half will go to USF to build a new social sciences building, the other half will go to Athletics to finish the projects in the athletic district (Hardwood club in the SunDome, the lounge in the Muma Center, banners in the baseball, softball, and soccer stadiums) and whatever is leftover will be designated toward a football stadium.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

First I'm paying off my debts and my parents debt. Then get myself a new car. Take about $3-5 million to save and invest.

The other $490 million, donate some to the Boy Scouts and some to my high school. What ever is left, half will go to USF to build a new social sciences building, the other half will go to Athletics to finish the projects in the athletic district (Hardwood club in the SunDome, the lounge in the Muma Center, banners in the baseball, softball, and soccer stadiums) and whatever is leftover will be designated toward a football stadium.

Taxes will be taken out and won't get the full 500 million unless you are planning to win more? I like the social sciences building. More dorms?

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

^ Correct, the full amount is an annuity paid out in 29 years. No one in their right mind would take this with the impending "fiscal cliff" on the horizon. Best to take the lump sum (roughly $375 million) and brace yourself for taxes. Consevatively you are looking at $225 million after taxes.

From there the following should happen:

$45 million into bonds and other low risk investments

$35 million into aggressive growth stocks/commodities

$25 million into a family trust

That leave $120 million to buy USF a mighty fine fieldhouse as well as indulge in the finer things in life.

Edited by TBBull717

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

We should start a Bullspen group ticket fund. Money donated to USF for Stadium build

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

I hope you win but an OCS will never happen. The capital outlay is enormous and football stadiums are only used six or seven times per year. Much more cost effective to lease Ray Jay.

That must be why all these other schools rent out stadiums...oh..wait...

Not all schools have the opportunity to lease professional sports facilities like we do. Sharing stadiums with MLS teams and colleges significantly improves utilization for a facility that would be hardly used. They are in better shape if they can hold concerts, monster trucks, and other short term events. Pitt, Miami, San Diego St, Tulane, UMass, Georgia St, Temple, Tennessee st. all operate using this model. Facilities that host NHL and NBA teams probably have the highest utilization, followed by MLB.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

Taxes will be taken out and won't get the full 500 million unless you are planning to win more? I like the social sciences building. More dorms?

I'm no tax lawyer but wouldn't donating a majority of it to charity cover the taxes as a write-off?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

I said the same thing today, If I win, I will pay the 2.5 million to fire Skip( I want to be the one to say it to his face with Judy sitting next to me). I would also give USF the money to pay to leave the BE, I would also give USF another 30- 40 million as a down payment or to invest in a OOC Stadium. In return I want my name on the stadium and a suite and and tickets to ALL EVENTS. So basically Id give USF Over 50 MILLION oF the money if and only if I get to SAY YOUR FIRED SKIPPY!

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I said the same thing today, If I win, I will pay the 2.5 million to fire Skip( I want to be the one to say it to his face with Judy sitting next to me). I would also give USF the money to pay to leave the BE, I would also give USF another 30- 40 million as a down payment or to invest in a OOC Stadium. In return I want my name on the stadium and a suite and and tickets to ALL EVENTS. So basically Id give USF Over 50 MILLION oF the money if and only if I get to SAY YOUR FIRED SKIPPY!

They might even give you a statue if you donate 30 million

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

They might even give you a statue if you donate 30 million

I vote for a Statue of the guy who Fires Skippy this year.

Heck, I say build a Statue of Skippy if he walks away after this season......

Ty

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I hope you win but an OCS will never happen. The capital outlay is enormous and football stadiums are only used six or seven times per year. Much more cost effective to lease Ray Jay.

That must be why all these other schools rent out stadiums...oh..wait...

Not all schools have the opportunity to lease professional sports facilities like we do. Sharing stadiums with MLS teams and colleges significantly improves utilization for a facility that would be hardly used. They are in better shape if they can hold concerts, monster trucks, and other short term events. Pitt, Miami, San Diego St, Tulane, UMass, Georgia St, Temple, Tennessee st. all operate using this model. Facilities that host NHL and NBA teams probably have the highest utilization, followed by MLB.

Pitt and UM actually are treated like the stadium is theirs as is SDSU. Tulane is actually in the process of building an OCS to get out of the Superdome and pardon me if I want to be on a higher level than UMass, GSU, Temple and Tenn St.