• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is not Re-newing FB season tickets if Skip is still here.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Before everyone hates, read and try to understand where IM coming from.

Who is not going to renew their season tickets next year if Skip is still here? I may not. reasons for donating and having season tickets are but not limited to: support the athletic dept, able to pick seats before the go on sale to general public, same seats for every game, post season games and bowl games, being part of the "Club".

Reasons to not donate and buy season tickets, USF doesnt sell out, hasnt sold out and wont in many years to come, Tickets are much cheaper to buy individually and from secondary markets, Cheaper price and better seats usually, Not having to pay to see Chattanoga and the likes, Still able to purchase road games and Bowls and post season at cheaper price and better seats than the school usually gets for the bowl games. The AD doesnt seem to care about the Customer(donors and season ticket holders), They dont answer emails, make themselves avail for discussion, POORLY run athletic dept and ticket dept for the most part(with the exception of John Lewis and a few others). So basically you can pick the games you want, sit in better seats at a better price and keep more money in your own pocket.(Tickets to Pitt game on Stub Hub are 2.99 this week, Suites are $20.00 a ticket).

Bucs suckered me and many others years ago with the seat deposits and 10 year lock in plan(now I go to the games I want and half the price and sit in better sections) Glazers have hurt their fan base, like USF is doing.

Tell me if Im missing something here?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

What jumps out at me immediately is the comparison to the Bucs ... apples and oranges. The Bucs don't have to sell one season ticket to make a profit (maybe a slight exaggeration, not sure) but donors/season tickets are the lifeblood of a college football athletic program.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I really really want to renew. Tailgating and home games are something that we look forward to every year. The whole family is into it. Over the last 2 years, the tailgates have been better, but the game atmosphere and results have been crappy. It's hard to get pumped when you walk in expecting to lose. We will probably renew, but we will not be paying for the top dollar seats again if we do. Most of my sections claims they are not renewing. It gets old paying $45 a seat and watching this product on the field.

Can I still get a parking pass for my favorite lot if I don't renew my tickets? That's an important question in our decision.

Who am I kidding? I'll buy the tickets again--but like I said--I'm downgrading.

Agree donors and season tickets are lifeblood, So why is that the AD and ticket office dont seem to care or show they care about the lifeblood? Poorly run to say the least yes? One would think they would do everything to keep the customers happy, not piss them off.

IF the AD and marketing dept show they dont care,(keeping Skip) and the poorly run AD and ticket office, emails to donors, season ticket holders ect.. and not addressing the customers concerns and problems than why should customers invest in them?

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

No, not missing something.

I agree with the 'part of the club' motivation for season ticket purchases. Also, being a belt-n-suspenders sort of person, I dig the routine (same parking spot, same tailgating crowd, same seats, same surrounding fans). That being said, there is a tear in the Robinson household fabric. I am going to purchase season tickets for one more year and then make a

decision based on where the program appears to be headed. The Mrs., on the other hand, is campaigning to make the no-buy decision sometime Saturday night, probably over

dinner. While I agree that from a cash flow perspective, non-renewal, is a fair position to take, I can not let go of my fifteen year investment (and we all know what a sound position emotional investing is, now don't we :) ) at this point. If it looks like we're going to be standing with our noses pressed against the window, I don't know how long I can keep the

stiff upper lip and carry on. I may be forced to cash out, just not next season (which I assume is the target of your question).

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

i will be re-newing, regardless... but I won't be happy!!

Now, if USF is left playing UMass and ECU for in-conference games going forward, then maybe no :-)

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I will be getting season tickets next season as long as I can get front row seats. If I can't get those then I will hold off until 2014 when I planned on getting season tickets again. I had to cut my season tickets loose a while back (after 2010 season) since I went back to school.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

No, not missing something.

I agree with the 'part of the club' motivation for season ticket purchases. Also, being a belt-n-suspenders sort of person, I dig the routine (same parking spot, same tailgating crowd, same seats, same surrounding fans). That being said, there is a tear in the Robinson household fabric. I am going to purchase season tickets for one more year and then make a

decision based on where the program appears to be headed. The Mrs., on the other hand, is campaigning to make the no-buy decision sometime Saturday night, probably over

dinner. While I agree that from a cash flow perspective, non-renewal, is a fair position to take, I can not let go of my fifteen year investment (and we all know what a sound position emotional investing is, now don't we :) ) at this point. If it looks like we're going to be standing with our noses pressed against the window, I don't know how long I can keep the

stiff upper lip and carry on. I may be forced to cash out, just not next season (which I assume is the target of your question).

The Mrs. and I have the conversation all the time. This purchase is 100% based on emotion and tradition at this point. From a business perspective, it's just plain stupid and we know it. It's just too difficult to let go.

Would anyone invest in any other business that was so poorly run or where the customers were disregarded and basically thrown aside? The AD, Marketing dept needs to do some serious service recovery esp if Skip is allowed to stay.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I'll be in the same section, same seats, same parking lot for as long as I can afford it.