• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is not Re-newing FB season tickets if Skip is still here.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I will probably drop from 6 to 4 seats. The "extra" 2 have been impossible to sell or even give away.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Probabky not, if any thing I'd buy more hoops tix. And I don't even live in fla.

Probably going to buy more hoops tickets as well if I don't renew (which I will strongly consider if Skip is retained)

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

After boycotting this season, I have been conflicted about what to do next season. While I feel I should support the program I also realize that not spending my hard earned money on tickets and donations may be the only way to get the Administration's attention.

I am going to do this on a game by game basis. If the program shows they are serious about turning things around I will give them my money. If not, I won't. This way it gives them the opportunity to earn my support and I don't feel like I am being taken for granted.

You chose a perfect season to boycott, that is unless we keep Skippy in 2013 and finish with a perfect 0 and 12 which I will go on record as my prediction. :lmao:

Oddly enough I was ready to purchase my first set of season tickets in the lower bowl sideline. Then I found out about Skip's extension. Kinda pi##ed me off.

I understand. The fair side of me tried to rationalize all the close losses last season since I have seen it happen that those same type of games can go another way the next year. The extension was a head scratcher. The close losses continued and I have seen enough.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135

After boycotting this season, I have been conflicted about what to do next season. While I feel I should support the program I also realize that not spending my hard earned money on tickets and donations may be the only way to get the Administration's attention.

I am going to do this on a game by game basis. If the program shows they are serious about turning things around I will give them my money. If not, I won't. This way it gives them the opportunity to earn my support and I don't feel like I am being taken for granted.

You chose a perfect season to boycott, that is unless we keep Skippy in 2013 and finish with a perfect 0 and 12 which I will go on record as my prediction. :lmao:

Oddly enough I was ready to purchase my first set of season tickets in the lower bowl sideline. Then I found out about Skip's extension. Kinda pi##ed me off.

I understand. The fair side of me tried to rationalize all the close losses last season since I have seen it happen that those same type of games can go another way the next year. The extension was a head scratcher. The close losses continued and I have seen enough.

My issue with the extension is/was that it indicated to me that something was very wrong at a level deeper than coaching. I don't know how collegiate athletic departments should be run but Skip's extension triggered a bit of PTSD associated with Jim Leavitt's last extension. It was my opinion that it had been time for Jim to go well before he got his instead of further embedding him in the organization.

In any event the honeymoon is over, they have to actually do the job now and they are well aware that we are not happy. So I'll give them a chance at a level of risk that I find acceptable. I think that is more than fair.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

We will not be renewing

we have had to eat the costs of two tickets for two games this season because we couldn't give them away

we bought extras the.first.3

that said.if he he is fired we will renew

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

I have always said I would never give up my seats would at least give at a Green Jacket level annually as long as it was not a financial burden.

If they fire Skip right after the Pitt game (within 48-72) hours, then I will definitely renew.

If it looks like Doug is going to bury his head in the sand and let this clown drive our program further into the ground, then I will have to make a decision for the first time since becoming a season ticket holder. Since Doug refuses to answer emails and hides from the public, our only way to voice our displeasure is by not giving the program money. However, if we want the program to get where we need to be, we need to be expanding our donor pool and season ticket base. Not drying it up. Especially with all this conference realignment mess going on. Having a tiny season ticket base and an empty stadium is only going to hinder us getting a life line to a better conference. Its a real catch 22. We all just have to hope that Greg's sources are wrong and that Skip will be fired. Otherwise, I am torn as to what to do.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

No, not missing something.

...If it looks like we're going to be standing with our noses pressed against the window, I don't know how long I can keep the stiff upper lip and carry on...

Just curious, and don't know if you can answer it, but if we hadn't made the move to the Big East would you have cashed out a while ago?

Great question, glad you asked! Here's the deal, USF football was always 'on the way up'. The program was marketed as going from I-AA, to IA, to CUSA. However, and this is just my opinion, anything other than being in BCS bowl contention is 'also ran'. In the event we had pegged the meter at CUSA, and never had any aspirations to move into a BCS conference, I can not, in good conscience, say that I would have continued with season tickets. Don't want to be rude, don't want to be vulgar, but until USF started playing football, I had never heard of some of those teams (what in the Wide World of Sports is a UAB?). I grew up in the ACC with an awareness of the SEC. When we moved to Florida, I became a huge FSU fan, in part to antagonize my wife's gator-smelling friends, but because that was great football. Now, when we joined the Big East, although it was a step up from CUSA, and something we could smear in the faces of those on Gemeni Boulevard, I thought it was a step in the right direction, albeit the worst BCS conference around. Then, when all we could manage was to sit in the middle seat...it became tolerable, with the belief that next year we'd be BE champions. But now, given the shifting plates of the college football landscape, again, I can not in good conscience state that I will continue to buy season tickets should we digress. There's so many factors. One of which is paying BCS prices for a non-BCS conference affiliation. Point being, I'm in for next year, but I'm not one of those guys like at the Sundome. Season tickets since the late 1800's and great seats but don't show up. If I'm buying tickets, I'm coming to the game. But I just don't know that I can cost-justify the time and money for retrograde production.

I have always said I would never give up my seats would at least give at a Green Jacket level annually as long as it was not a financial burden.

If they fire Skip right after the Pitt game (within 48-72) hours, then I will definitely renew.

If it looks like Doug is going to bury his head in the sand and let this clown drive our program further into the ground, then I will have to make a decision for the first time since becoming a season ticket holder. Since Doug refuses to answer emails and hides from the public, our only way to voice our displeasure is by not giving the program money. However, if we want the program to get where we need to be, we need to be expanding our donor pool and season ticket base. Not drying it up. Especially with all this conference realignment mess going on. Having a tiny season ticket base and an empty stadium is only going to hinder us getting a life line to a better conference. Its a real catch 22. We all just have to hope that Greg's sources are wrong and that Skip will be fired. Otherwise, I am torn as to what to do.

I agree. The hiring and employment of Skippypoo could not have come at a worse time. You may want to make a statement by not showing up and buying seats to get the coach fired but outsiders making the decisions on who gets in the bigger conferences may not understand what is going on.

Don't feed the bears.

Well, I guess that settles it!