• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Skip isn't Fired by Monday, We're Stuck with Him

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If they keep Holtz for next year then they "save" $500k, but I think you will see decreasing fan support which comes at a cost much greater than the $500k you save. This could also be cost neutral if you fire him, pay the $500k per year, and hire your new coach at $1.5M per year or less.

Money isn't the issue here as much as people make it out to be. If Holtz is retained it will be because Woolard still believes in him, or is too stubborn to admit he made a mistake.

You bring up a great point about Woolard believing in him, or being too stubborn. In either case his job becomes more in jeopardy if Holtz is retained.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

I'm thinking that much more than 2.5 mil will be lost if we keep Holtz. Skip is spineless. I don't want him or his useless good ole boys representing our university anymore.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

If Holtz stays the university will lose more than if he is fired. Donors are not renewing and there will be fewer butts in seats. We have seen that with the donors in our section. Every game there have been fewer people there and these people have had season tickets many years.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Woolard said he would review Holtz after the season. I am sure that is still the plan.

Pretty much common knowledge by anyone who's followed USF Athletics for any amount of time at all ... him being here Tuesday has absolutely nothing to do with whether he's here next year or not.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

After FSU, I thought we'd finish 7-5. After Temple, I knew we'd finish 3-9 at best. IMO we have no chance against Pitt. I'll still be in attendance though :/

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

If they keep Holtz for next year then they "save" $500k, but I think you will see decreasing fan support which comes at a cost much greater than the $500k you save. This could also be cost neutral if you fire him, pay the $500k per year, and hire your new coach at $1.5M per year or less.

Money isn't the issue here as much as people make it out to be. If Holtz is retained it will be because Woolard still believes in him, or is too stubborn to admit he made a mistake.

You bring up a great point about Woolard believing in him, or being too stubborn. In either case his job becomes more in jeopardy if Holtz is retained.

+1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Woolard said he would review Holtz after the season. I am sure that is still the plan.

what is there is review?