• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard Sent USF Athletics Into A Death Spiral...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Perhaps then... I mean for sure if sufficient numbers of people are willing to impune their own character to destroy someone that is something incredibly difficult to prevent. Most of us hope to lead our lives in a way that doesn't sufficiently alienate that many people. Though I can certainly understand how the role of a head coach and especially dealing with the age group a college football head coach deals with might make that incredibly difficult. Either way, I guess I have lead us astray for the original topic... one I very much agree with FWIW... how awful an AD Doug Woolard is!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Point is it was a sham and that's it.

The investigation and its conclusions where a result of a third party source who has a fairly established reputation. You have to believe a lot of people who would have no real "skin in the game" just had it out for Jim Leavitt to believe that entire story. What to do with the information is certainly open for debate, but there is little doubt as to what Jim Leavitt did (both in the locker room and in the aftermath during the investigation).

I know far more than you can only assume - including players that were contributing to the stories, making stuff up. You'd be surprised. I had direct correspondence and have it stored safely. You would truly be surprised at the players conspiring, admittedly, to help take down a coach.

I believe you...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So should we bring back the Leavitt forum now? I would be in favor of bringing it back and restricting plantation peabrain to that forum since its all he wants to talk about. There is nothing to be gained by going over all this painful crap again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

The investigation and its conclusions where a result of a third party source who has a fairly established reputation. You have to believe a lot of people who would have no real "skin in the game" just had it out for Jim Leavitt to believe that entire story. What to do with the information is certainly open for debate, but there is little doubt as to what Jim Leavitt did (both in the locker room and in the aftermath during the investigation).

I know far more than you can only assume - including players that were contributing to the stories, making stuff up. You'd be surprised. I had direct correspondence and have it stored safely. You would truly be surprised at the players conspiring, admittedly, to help take down a coach.

Let's assume you know what you know. I am not an anti Leavitt guy. So this is pure curiosity. How do you keep a coach whose players are willing to lie and conspire to get rid of him. I can't remember too many times in my long lifetime that I have heard of that happening. Guys quitting on a coach, yes. But conspiring and lying? Fabricating stories of choking/slapping? Seems to me that it would be hard to keep that coach anyway.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Tragic turn of events for our program. Embarrassing.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Some are tired of the subject but I am too for a different reason. I am tired of people not being able to see that this story was orchestrated by the anti-USF media.

Sure, I was tired of Leavitt's antics on the sideline, his inability to deal with the media a little better, his gimmick offense, the inevitable losses in October, and the bad personal foul penalties at the wrong time. But I also was aware that the man won. Did he win big? No. But USF was a respected program who made it to a bowl every year once they made it to the Big East. I gave him the benefit of the doubt as far as performance goes because of that.

As far as the scandal goes, I feared at first that he was guilty and even cautioned on here (talking to myself in a way) to wait for the results of the investigation. When the story was dying but being drummed up by Steve Duemig, I started to question its validity. Before the scandal, Dueming could not name 2 players on the team, dismissed any accomplishments the program had, and barely acknowledged their existence. All of a sudden, he had reliable inside information that the story was gospel. Yeah, right. Now the man is telling our fans that we are a bottom feeder in the Big East and should not fire Skip as we are lucky to have him. When told that USF was competitive before Skip and have only become a bottom feeder under his watch, he says that we cannot handle the truth. You see, he did not like that he was wrong about USF being competiive, advocated at all cost a coaching change and got what he wanted. Now, he wants gullible people to believe that that USF has always been a bottom feeder since he wanted it that way. Sometimes you have to consider the source, folks. This is a guy who does not think Joe Madden is a good baseball manager, LOL!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Third party source? Dude, Gonzales is a lawyer, not an investigator. His firm specializes in representing management in labor disputes.

GONZALES WAS A HIRED GUN! THE HIT MAN!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

Let's assume you know what you know. I am not an anti Leavitt guy. So this is pure curiosity. How do you keep a coach whose players are willing to lie and conspire to get rid of him. I can't remember too many times in my long lifetime that I have heard of that happening. Guys quitting on a coach, yes. But conspiring and lying? Fabricating stories of choking/slapping? Seems to me that it would be hard to keep that coach anyway.

I don't think this was anywhere team wide, just a select few. I'm sure a lot teams have disgruntled players that would have loved for something like this to have occurred on their team. Their problem is the lack of a local media member with a huge woody for the program/coach to facilitate things ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

A "media member" fired from local outlet for his questionable activity.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Spoke to someone today that was in the locker room. He has always said CJL did not beat or choke sissy boy. Woolard da Weasel made our bed and now we have to sleep in it. Karma is a biotch.

Edited by jg