• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

they better reduce the price of season tickets after this s***

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

bear in mind-- we could go 0-12 for a decade and I would still be buying my season tickets

Same here.

I'll be taking a break next season regardless (Wifey and I have a baby on the way in late April/early May :)) But after that, it's back to season tickets.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I would rather see USF close the upper deck for all the games next year. No cheap seats.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

Same here Mike. On the board, it's difficult to separate the hyperbole from the sincere. However personal the decision to, or not to, purchase season tickets may be, the development and improvement of the program - for which there is considerable room - depends on continued support through thick and thin. Ticket prices will not drop, regardless of what happens on the field, so stack that wish right over there next to 'Holtz gone after this season' and the jar of unicorn tears. Oh, and I agree about closing that upper deck, but the university must see some value (I'm sure there's a supply and demand graph somewhere showing cheap-seats vs lower bowl utility). I know that the Holtz-New-Error won't last forever, and USF will eventually claw it's way back to the middle of whatever conference we find ourselves in. I'm still in...cause I remember what it was like to NOT have football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Me three.

I've already talked to my rep about upgrading next year. In fact, I've already flagged the seats I want incase they open up.

Edited by swamprat

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Same here Mike. On the board, it's difficult to separate the hyperbole from the sincere.

there is no hyperbole here my friend. i had to go to the local Catholic food pantry for Thanksgiving this year. i needed assistance paying my electric bill this month. i dropped my 2yo son from my health insurance policy. i have had 2 season tix in the South Endzone since 2007. the $350 i spent in April to renew, while relatively insignificant to some is a lot to me, and that doesn't include gas from Bradenton, parking and any concessions we may purchase at the game.

this isn't a sob story. my family just hit some hard times these past few months, and that more than anything would be the cause for non-renewal next year. some corners have to be cut. but i cant say i wouldn't be more prone to find a way for this corner not to be cut if we had a reasonable product on the field. going to USF games has been me and my wife's one weekly night out, our quality time, our getaway for 6 nights of the year since before we were even married. we don't always expect to win, but we do expect to see competitive games that turn out in our favor once in a while.

when you're an alumnus like me whose followed the program for the better part of a decade and halfway across the country, it is impossible not to be bummed watching the team crash and burn game after game. my wife and i enjoy the time we spend together regardless, but we could do it cheaper and with less regret by just staying in town and watching the game in a bar. at least we wouldn't feel like ******** for spending money on tickets we can barely afford just to see a product on the field we are enjoying less and less.

i dont want to break my 8 year home attendance streak. but if there is a way to get 2 tickets to the games for less than the $50 we're spending per game for season tickets now, it would be irresponsible not to take it. the risk of missing a "consequential" game due to outpricing or selling out (yeah right) is the risk u take to save money. that's what season tickets are for: a guaranteed seat at a guaranteed price. if there is relatively low risk of failing to find a seat via StubHub or eBay or at worst the box office, there is no incentive to buy season tickets.

Edited by BTownBull2009

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

just to clarify-- I am talking about what I intend to do -- not what I am expecting anyone else to do.

lots of us are struggling these days

also-- attendance records were meant to be broken. They won't put on your tombstone "he went to all the USF games from 2007 until now-- he will be missed in Section 125". Seriously - and this is coming from someone who has had season tickets since the get go and been to almost every home game and a buttload of away games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Same here Mike. On the board, it's difficult to separate the hyperbole from the sincere.

there is no hyperbole here my friend. i had to go to the local Catholic food pantry for Thanksgiving this year. i needed assistance paying my electric bill this month. i dropped my 2yo son from my health insurance policy.

If you're in that much of a financial strait, the last thing you need to be doing is spending money on football games ... and you're not really the type who Wooly is referring to.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

I want an upgrade for zero additional cost.

• Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

Not renewing for sound financial reasons is across town from not renewing because of the product on the field or to "teach that university a lesson!".

If you don't wanna renew because you feel you're not getting your money's worth...fine, then don't renew. It's your call. Much in the same way that

my decision to renew is entirely subjective as well. Remember that stuff in Econ...investing for the long term? Same here. Now if you're a short term

trader...well, that's different. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

there is no hyperbole here my friend. i had to go to the local Catholic food pantry for Thanksgiving this year. i needed assistance paying my electric bill this month. i dropped my 2yo son from my health insurance policy.

If you're in that much of a financial strait, the last thing you need to be doing is spending money on football games ... and you're not really the type who Wooly is referring to.

why do u think i'm not renewing my season tickets next year? lol.

had u been kind enough to lend me your crystal ball back in April when i paid for my season tickets, maybe i would have saved my money and not renewed for this year either. unforeseen circumstances are "unforeseen" for a reason. that's what unforeseen means.