• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maryland/Rutgers Move and Impact on Big East TV Deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

You both sound OLD. :)

Why would you not want this program to move forward? College Athletics below the power 5 level suck, I've been there and even played in it.

no. the top programs have turned it into a business that has ever escalating salaries, facilities, and perks. it's all about the money now. 100 year old rivalries don't mean anything anymore. it's so a bunch of old guys can get rich off of young kids that people pay through the nose to see play.it's no longer amateur athletics and it's disgraceful the way they treat their labor.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Why would you not want this program to move forward? College Athletics below the power 5 level suck, I've been there and even played in it.

Who said I didn't want the program to move forward?? I think either of those conferences would be great ... I'm just saying that if it doesn't happen, and we're back to CUSA-like existence, it's not the ******* end of the world .... and I am OLD. B)

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

The weird thing is, WVU has to be kicking themselves very very very hard right now in their one tooth.

Had they just held on long enough for the B1G to take the Terps, WVU would have been a shoe-in for the ACC. So they'd be playing UVa and VT instead of UTx and TT.

Major LOL!!

Suck it, Mountainqueers!

We would not be playing UVA (B1G) or VT (SEC).

The ACC is not done losing people yet. I see a combo ACC/ old BE merge.

I think this is likely as well. During the last shuffle I was hoping for a Big12-Big East merge but it didn't happen.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

USF will be in a Big 5 conference sooner than later IMO, but more movement needs to happen.

I see an ACC of possibily BC, Cuse, Pitt, Duke, UNC, UL, UConn, Cincy, Wake, USF, and possibily a few others including maybe Miami.

ACC stills probably loses VT, UVA, GaTech, FSU and Clemson.

Strengthwise that's not a lot different that where we've been.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Who said I didn't want the program to move forward?? I think either of those conferences would be great ... I'm just saying that if it doesn't happen, and we're back to CUSA-like existence, it's not the ******* end of the world .... and I am OLD. B)

I tend to agree. Ideally, USF would get into a power conference. But if it doesn't happen, I'll still be a fan. I went to the frist game against KY Wesleyan, and saw USF beat Notre Dame in South Bend last year. Saw USF beat FSU in Tallahassee a few years ago. Talk about soup to nuts. There are still more goals (ANY conference championship), and it wouldn't be impossible to achieve them, even if it's in a depleted Big East. Again - not what I PREFER, but not the end of the world (at least not for me).

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Could B1G be real big as in B1-20-G or B1-24-G?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Surprised no one has gone to 16 teams yet.

I don't know. It's like dating. Once you hit 16, you no longer have options, unless you're going to 17... seems to me the conferences have been playing it "wait and see." That could all change really soon.

I find it hard to believe the B1G isn't a better fit for Notre Dame than the ACC... and we may get to a point where Notre Dame has no choice but to capitulate on its independence.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

So i can expect a BIG EAST ACC merger news conference soon right?

An ACC with losses and an old BE merger even with BBall teams would make a really good league. Boise St is next to be picked off if PAC expands, so a merger in the east ties down realignment for USF.

No chance. BSU has no shot at the Pac 12. SDSU maybe, CSU, New Mexico and Nevada likely gets in before BSU. Pac 12 is much more about academics, they're very exclusive. I actually see no schools out west they'd really want. More likely they end up taking 2-4 more from the big 12.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7