• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maryland/Rutgers Move and Impact on Big East TV Deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

I don't get you guys sometimes.

We're getting bitchslapped left and right while in the worst BCS-level conference, and you want to move up to tougher competition and lose even worse.

What we need to do - more than anything else - is ignore the noise, get our own house in order, and win the games on our schedule. Just like Boise and TCU did.

Do that and the conference crap will work itself out. To quote Al Davis, "Just win, baby!"

A-fking-men.....finally someone with some sense.

agreed I'd rather compete at a lower conference than be a doormat in a higher conference.

+1

Being in the bigger conference would generate more buzz, especially if that conference were around us regionally. We would have increased ticket sales at home games and more regional fan travel to away games. It would be like a 'real' program. I think our conference is going to be come a weakness and the bottom will fall out if not already.

Oh also, I don't know that the whole BCS conference thing matters after this year. You want to be in a big conference and set the expectations high. Granted, this is philosophically opposed to what Skip & the gang are up to lately.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We're getting bitchslapped left and right while in the worst BCS-level conference, and you want to move up to tougher competition and lose even worse.

What we need to do - more than anything else - is ignore the noise, get our own house in order, and win the games on our schedule. Just like Boise and TCU did.

Do that and the conference crap will work itself out. To quote Al Davis, "Just win, baby!"

:applause:

Well said and if we are going to win then we need some real leadership in Athletics and a new HC.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

A-fking-men.....finally someone with some sense.

agreed I'd rather compete at a lower conference than be a doormat in a higher conference.

+1

Being in the bigger conference would generate more buzz, especially if that conference were around us regionally. We would have increased ticket sales at home games and more regional fan travel to away games. It would be like a 'real' program. I think our conference is going to be come a weakness and the bottom will fall out if not already.

ask iowa state about their buzz or duke football . doormat's don't win. nobody expects them to ever compete and most times that is the case. I'd rather win D1-aa championship than go 0-8 in big 12. ask wvu fans in 10 years whether or not the move was worth it. sure their AD will get paid more. so will their coaches. they win in their bank accounts. wvu will never compete on a regular basis in that conference. they will be lower middle tier. not only that but their regional rivalries are gone. no more local travel for fans. no more backyard brawl, etc.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Jon Wilner â€@wilnerhotline

Realignment source: UConn to ACC could happen as soon as Tuesday.

We are screwed. No matter how many phone calls Doug and Judy make, I'm starting to see reality. We are not a high priority to a better conference right now.

We are screwed. No matter how many phone calls Doug and Judy make, I'm starting to see reality. We are not a high priority to a better conference right now.

???

So Rutgers and UConn are leaving or did UConn frog leap Rutgers?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

take it for what it's worth.

Jeremy Fowler â€@JFowlerCBS

ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports.

Jeremy Fowler â€@JFowlerCBS

ACC could move quickly, I'm told. UConn and Louisville are considered clubhouse leaders among the four, per source.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

???

Rutgers is going to the B1G (a different conference). Now, there's legit rumors that UCONN is next as early as next week to the ACC.

???

Rutgers is going to the B1G (a different conference). Now, there's legit rumors that UCONN is next as early as next week to the ACC.

:slapmax:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

All the good basketball teams going...one empty Sun Dome ahead