• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future Football Schedules - Non Conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

How about we look at "pay" home games. Just an example........

The WAC has dissolved as a football conference.

Pay WAC leftovers to visit Ray-Jay..... Idaho & New Mexico State,

They need games & Cash.......

I say we pay them to come here with NO return games.......

Just thinking out of the box........

or

Home & Home with Hawaii..... I like this...... (Hawaii in late Nov or Dec.)

Ty

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

OoOOo Hawaii...man what a trip that would be!!!!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

How about we look at "pay" home games. Just an example........

The WAC has dissolved as a football conference.

Pay WAC leftovers to visit Ray-Jay..... Idaho & New Mexico State,

They need games & Cash.......

I say we pay them to come here with NO return games.......

Just thinking out of the box........

or

Home & Home with Hawaii..... I like this...... (Hawaii in late Nov or Dec.)

Ty

Pretty sure the rule is still out there too ... any year you go to Hawaii, you can schedule 13 games. The NCAA made the rule to help Hawaii get home games, so it allows you to add one more game to the schedule, which is very lucrative.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Drinks by the pool, volcanoes, some nice hawaiian bbq, hula skirts, some usf football...oh man what a trip!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Drinks by the pool, volcanoes, some nice hawaiian bbq, hula skirts, some usf football...oh man what a trip!

I have a crazy (and I'll keep it quick story) about USF Football playing in Hawaii .....

2002 USF was given a conditional bid to play in whatever they called the bowl game in Hawaii that year.

I knew I wanted to be at USF's first bowl game, but I couldn't afford plane tickets ... so I had to use my miles .... but award seats to Hawaii over the holidays at the last moment are hard to come by ..... so my routing was Tampa to Atlanta, to San Francisco to Honolulu. ... I would then be on the ground in Hawaii for 36 hours - just one night.... then I would fly Honolulu to Los Angeles, to Atlanta to Birmingham ... then I was on my own to figure out how to get from Birmingham back to Tampa ..... I had Delta hold that for me the day before the game that would decide our fate (Cincinnati vs. ECU I think) ... the wrong team won, we didn't get the bid, and I didn't have to fly my whirlwind trip to Hawaii and back for just one night out there.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

I have a crazy (and I'll keep it quick story) about USF Football playing in Hawaii .....

2002 USF was given a conditional bid to play in whatever they called the bowl game in Hawaii that year.

I knew I wanted to be at USF's first bowl game, but I couldn't afford plane tickets ... our fate (Cincinnati vs. ECU I think) ... the wrong team won, we didn't get the bid, and I didn't have to fly my whirlwind trip to Hawaii and back for just one night out there.

We watched that game from the Beef O'Brady's up on Fowler, with a lot of the USF players there, pulling for ECU to win...just win...doesn't have to be an arse whooping, but just a win. Well...didn't happen. Which worked out sort of well, as I spent the entire evening, while watching the game, scheming and plotting on how I could sell this trip to the Mrs. My toe-hold was that she was born in Honolulu and... but, as Pirate fate would have it, no reason to get the luggage out of the attic.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Money paid to a I-AA to come to Tampa: one a year (in a couple years where we had scheduling trouble we had 2 of these). They are going to continue. Best case scenario - FAMU and to a lesser extent Bethune Cookman (they bring fans and in FAMU's case, when not suspended, they bring an awesome band). Worst case scenario, school from far away no one has heard of (example: see Stony Brook)

I don't buy USF FOOTBALL tickets to watch another school's "awesome band", I come to see football D-1A competitive football, not to watch some cupcake get paid to take a whoopin'. Games Scrimmages against teams like FAMU are boring, and do nothing to help build/maintain the USF fan base. There is no "best case scenario" when it comes to USF forcing D-1AA crap down the throats of season ticket buyers.

why usf refused to play the d 1a orlando school was always a mystery too me

in that time in whoch we stopped playingthem

they got better and we got worse

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

We have gotten worse because we hired Skippy not because we have not played UCF and the O'Liars. Maybe it is better since I would guess we would be 1 and 2 against them under Skippy's watch.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Money paid to a I-AA to come to Tampa: one a year (in a couple years where we had scheduling trouble we had 2 of these). They are going to continue. Best case scenario - FAMU and to a lesser extent Bethune Cookman (they bring fans and in FAMU's case, when not suspended, they bring an awesome band). Worst case scenario, school from far away no one has heard of (example: see Stony Brook)

I don't buy USF FOOTBALL tickets to watch another school's "awesome band", I come to see football D-1A competitive football, not to watch some cupcake get paid to take a whoopin'. Games Scrimmages against teams like FAMU are boring, and do nothing to help build/maintain the USF fan base. There is no "best case scenario" when it comes to USF forcing D-1AA crap down the throats of season ticket buyers.

Most USF fans don't ... they buy to watch USF FOOTBALL ... except ones like you, apparently. You must buy to watch the other team. FCS games are staple amongst most FBS programs at our level .. Are you new to college football?

Really, then why do so many not show up for the 1-AA games, or leave right after the "awesome band" plays???

Is your vision failing, or do you have a reading comprehension problem? What is it that you don't understand about: "I come to see football D-1A competitive football, not to watch some cupcake get paid to take a whoopin'."

I wasn't in New Brunswick for the Rutgers V Princeton game, so I'm a relatively new, How about you... when did you attend your first college football game?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Most USF fans don't ... they buy to watch USF FOOTBALL ... except ones like you, apparently. You must buy to watch the other team. FCS games are staple amongst most FBS programs at our level .. Are you new to college football?

Really, then why do so many not show up for the 1-AA games, or leave right after the "awesome band" plays???

Is your vision failing, or do you have a reading comprehension problem? What is it that you don't understand about: "I come to see football D-1A competitive football, not to watch some cupcake get paid to take a whoopin'."

I wasn't in New Brunswick for the Rutgers V Princeton game, so I'm a relatively new, How about you... when did you attend your first college football game?

For obvious reasons, you completely ignored the most pertinent point of my response ... FCS games are a staple amongst most FBS programs at our level. We're going to keep playing them, so keep whining if you must. It's what we've come to expect.