• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UK fires Joker Phillips

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Crap. My prediction is for B. Petrino to go to either UKentucky or Auburn.....

I was hoping for USF......

They can have him.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

say what you want about his character but,

L'ville was crap and he turned them around

Arkansas was crap and he turned them around

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBC_KENTUCKY_PHILLIPS?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=

"We, as coaches, are measured on results. We didn't get the results we had worked and hoped for, therefore change is needed." Joker Phillips

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Skip Holtz isn't getting fired. Can we cut all this ******** and move on...please. We ******* won yesterday.

I'm starting to think you're actually serious... which is mildly disturbing. So we won yesterday... I'm happy we won... but that doesn't change the fact that the clock mgmt at the end of the first half was once again horrible. UCONN has a HORRIBLE OL... we should have been in their backfield all day just like we were. On top of that, the coaching staff obviously didn't have a backup for BJ ready to play and that speaks to lack of long term preparation by the staff.

That was our first conference win 8 GAMES INTO THE SEASON.... that on top of the staff's horrible recruiting which is going to handcuff this program for YEARS to come should in and of itself be enough to get you fired. This staff has proven over the last two years that they cannot have long term success here... Let's not wait another year to acknowledge the obvious. You can't start to recover until you remove the problem.

I think all he really said is that Skip isn't getting fired any time soon and I'm pretty sure he was dead serious .... people who think anything is going to happen before the end of the year are delusional.

I think UCONN got him the rest of this season... He should still be gone before the busses return after the Pitt game... And honestly Woolard should put out an announcement like UK so the process can get started and recruiting can solidify sooner than later.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Skip Holtz isn't getting fired. Can we cut all this ******** and move on...please. We ******* won yesterday.

I'm starting to think you're actually serious... which is mildly disturbing. So we won yesterday... I'm happy we won... but that doesn't change the fact that the clock mgmt at the end of the first half was once again horrible. UCONN has a HORRIBLE OL... we should have been in their backfield all day just like we were. On top of that, the coaching staff obviously didn't have a backup for BJ ready to play and that speaks to lack of long term preparation by the staff.

That was our first conference win 8 GAMES INTO THE SEASON.... that on top of the staff's horrible recruiting which is going to handcuff this program for YEARS to come should in and of itself be enough to get you fired. This staff has proven over the last two years that they cannot have long term success here... Let's not wait another year to acknowledge the obvious. You can't start to recover until you remove the problem.

I think all he really said is that Skip isn't getting fired any time soon and I'm pretty sure he was dead serious .... people who think anything is going to happen before the end of the year are delusional.

I think UCONN got him the rest of this season... He should still be gone before the busses return after the Pitt game... And honestly Woolard should put out an announcement like UK so the process can get started and recruiting can solidify sooner than later.

You know that's not true. DW said, as his MO has been since he's been here, save one time, that he would evaluate after the season ... Why would he change that? Kentucky was getting their asses handed to them this year in most games. That's not been the case here. Maybe the UK AD felt the players had given up which is not the case here. We'll see how that looks after the next 3 games ...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

UK is going after Petrino. We are not. They pulled the trigger for that reason.

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

And we don't have a tv deal yet. No reason to jump ship just yet when we haven't even sent a distress call to the coast guard.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I said it yesterday at the tailgait and I'm saying it right now. If they bring in bobby petrino, I will most likely 99.9% stop all support for USF athletics. Just a tiny drop in the bucket and no one will notice, but morals have to mean SOMETHING! Winning is important, but not enough to sell your soul.

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Puck Fratrino, he is garbage, he would bail in USF in a heartbeat if he even took the job. When and if Skip is dumped, there will be plenty of good options available. Will Woolard be able to find him?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  554

they lost 38-0 to vandy. he deserved to get canned. skip isn't that bad at least.

still...he's not too far ahead

Vandy would run a train on Temple or Ball State. Skip is every bit as bad.