• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An Amazing Rendition of the Nat'l Anthem...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

Am I the only one that does like how some in the audience try to change the words of our National Anthem and substitute the word "Bulls" in for "Brave"? Am I'm too sensitive to the fact that we are trying to pay tribute to our country and can't hold off just one more second before making a USF cheer out of it? I've been to a couple away games where we've had a large enough contingency where it can be heard and have heard comments from the host fans that it is disrespectful and I honestly can't argue with that. Do fans of other teams do this?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Am I the only one that does like how some in the audience try to change the words of our National Anthem and substitute the word "Bulls" in for "Brave"? Am I'm too sensitive to the fact that we are trying to pay tribute to our country and can't hold off just one more second before making a USF cheer out of it? I've been to a couple away games where we've had a large enough contingency where it can be heard and have heard comments from the host fans that it is disrespectful and I honestly can't argue with that. Do fans of other teams do this?

they are just jealous that their mascot doesnt fit as well as ours does.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

I don't like it one bit. I'm a veteran, I don't think that many of the young uns actually understand what the song means to so many of us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

National Anthem was great last night, but unfortunately the Boy Scouts in the north end zone had the flag upside-down.

Sounds like they had it right to me... an upside down flag is a sign of distress and this program and nation are both in distress...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Baltimore Orioles Yell OOOOOOOOO During the National Anthem, Have always. Listen around the 1 minute - 1 minute 15 second mark,

So we are not the only sports teams fans to do something like that.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I know UCF fans do it on the "Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there." They yell "Knights!" instead of night.

Too be honest I'm a big fan of, "... home of the Bulls!" I don't think of it as a slight to anyone. Ray Jay is the home of the Bulls, which I believe is included in what home of the Brave means. I understand some people may not like it, but it's not meant to offend. If you're offended, I'm sorry that you take it the wrong way, but I'm not stopping.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

shame on Atlanta too

wait, wut

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

I know UCF fans do it on the "Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there." They yell "Knights!" instead of night.

Too be honest I'm a big fan of, "... home of the Bulls!" I don't think of it as a slight to anyone. Ray Jay is the home of the Bulls, which I believe is included in what home of the Brave means. I understand some people may not like it, but it's not meant to offend. If you're offended, I'm sorry that you take it the wrong way, but I'm not stopping.

Just because everyone else participates in asshattery doesn't make it right. We should just stop playing the anthem before every random sporting event. Should only be used at games involving a team representing the united states.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633

No - I'm not taking it the wrong way. Before the anthem is played, you're asked to stand and honor our country. You feel it's okay that during this time that we're honoring our country to yell out a cheer for your team, right? If this is true, I'm taking it the right way. Let's look at another situation - when asked to stand for a moment of silence to honor someone's passing, do you pass up that wonderful opportunity to shout out "Go Bulls!" at the top of your lungs? Why not? Would that be a slight to the person being honored? Don't try to come back and tell me that's it's not the same. If you feel it's not the same, you're taking the National Anthem wrong.