• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AD on Football team: We are close to putting it all together

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Doug, speaking last night, said the football team is very close putting together all the elements to win and that we should not be surprised if they put together a win streak and get into a bowl.

I, for one, would be very surprised. Still, I will be there rooting them on.

He should be taken to the Medical Clinic..and given blood and urine tests.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Actually Woolard's statement reassures what I was thinking before. He is more concerned with proving he made the right decision with Skip Holtz regardless of what the fans, alumni and statistics say.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

How much money do you think we lose by going bowling? How many tickets do you think the school actually sells and eats the cost of?

Look back to the past bowl games, even when fan support was at its strongest. USF lost money by going bowling. Look at how much money UConn lost going to the Fiesta bowl.

So as much as I would love and think the players(Seniors) deserve to go bowling, this year would really make a dent in the budget. Esp if we are on the hook for 500 K to buy out Skip and signing a new coaching staff.

The only ones who benefit from a bowl this year are Skip, his staff, Doug and the players.

Remember the Big East does revenue sharing across the teams so whether USF goes bowling or not they will make a little bit of money.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

http://usatoday30.us...ools/50582512/1

http://www.ctpost.co...owl-1038914.php

This is the possible outcome by going to a bowl this year.

Thats my point USF stands to gain by NOT going bowling. Read my post again.

This is the possible outcome by going to a bowl this year.

UConn lost 1.8 million for going to a BCS bowl game. We will be losing a boatload if we go this year, No one will buy tickets from USF.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

I don't think we need to worry about this.

Did anyone see Miami play last night? Has anyone seen Cincy play this year? We MAY beat Uconn and Pitt but those two teams will execute and coach better

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

How much money do you think we lose by going bowling? How many tickets do you think the school actually sells and eats the cost of?

It's funny because the consensus is that USF would go to the St Pete Bowl being the Big East's worse bowl eligible team. The real kick in the nuts is that the Big East wont likely have enough eligible teams to drop to USF to St Pete and end sending USF to the BVBA compass bowl in Birmingham, AL. Hopefully if we miraculously win out we'd decline the invite and just go to the St Pete bowl

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

We can't beat Temple or Ball State...why do any of you, including DW, think we can beat Miami, Cincy, or even Pitt? DW is praying that we win this game so it can look like his "we are this close" predicition is coming true. Anyone who knows ANYTHING about this season knows that this is total BS and the only reason we may win is because UConn is THAT bad...and DW hopes they are worse than us. I hope we lose and I hope the pitchforks and the torches come for Skip, his crew, and even DW.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

Doug, speaking last night, said the football team is very close putting together all the elements to win and that we should not be surprised if they put together a win streak and get into a bowl.

Where does this confidence come from? Havent we recently suffered injuries to some of the few significant contributors this season? Aside from Saturday the schedule does not favor a winning streak or bowl game in any possible way. Even Pitt, who started slow this year has gotten it in gear.

What was the result of 'putting everything on the table' for changes? Im rooting for this team, but never have I seen such empty, ambiguous rhetoric.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he is insulting usf fans and playing them for saps

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The piece of the puzzle that is missing is not at USF