• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

28-5 vs. 15 - 18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

This is Skips record if he would have held onto leads vs. his actual record at USF - 13 potential wins. USF lost nine games under Holtz in games that we had a fourth-quarter lead and four more in which we were tied. Difference from being coach of the year to being fired.

I'm sure Skip will be using this one in the near future. "We are only so and so plays away from being 28-5!"

Maybe you'll get an email from Skip thanking you for some more "What If" stats. If so, please reply asking for his resignation.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This is Skips record if he would have held onto leads vs. his actual record at USF - 13 potential wins. USF lost nine games under Holtz in games that we had a fourth-quarter lead and four more in which we were tied. Difference from being coach of the year to being fired.

You sound like a UCiF'er!

How so?

This is Skips record --->if<--- he would have held onto leads vs. his actual record at USF - 13 potential wins. USF lost nine games under Holtz in games that we had a fourth-quarter lead and four more in which we were tied. Difference from being coach of the year to being fired.

Ok, I get that, but it's not like we're taking moral victories here. To me, it's a pretty solid stat and shows the ineptitude this team has displayed in quite a few games under Holtz. It doesn't even closely resemble something a UCFer would say.

a ucifer would make it a positive. I don't believe that's what the OP was doing. :2cents:

Yep, and that's pretty much my point exactly.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Here's what matters, no IFs, ands, or buts, just facts....Skip has had the chance for 18 potential wins in the Big East, yet has only managed to win 4 of them.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

This does matter... To me it's further proof it's been coaching, not talent. The other option is good coaching and poor talent, but I've seen the prevent defense too often.

Remember this doesn't include things like a blown lead at Miami that we won. Near collapse after basically blowing out Clemson. Defense and sometimes offense can't close games and I think that goes to coaching.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This does matter... To me it's further proof it's been coaching, not talent. The other option is good coaching and poor talent, but I've seen the prevent defense too often.

Remember this doesn't include things like a blown lead at Miami that we won. Near collapse after basically blowing out Clemson. Defense and sometimes offense can't close games and I think that goes to coaching.

I agree it goes to caoching. don't forget almost giving back the lead to ND last year.

The offense is impotent, the can't put the ball in the end zone often enough..5 field goals = 5 blown chances to put 7 points on the board. i

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The offense is impotent, the can't put the ball in the end zone often enough..5 field goals = 5 blown chances to put 7 points on the board. i

our offense isn't great by any means but 36 points should be more than enough.

Shoulda, woulda coulda..... BJ and company only put 18 of those 36 points on the board...Bonani's kicking scored the other 18. 5 field goals = impotent offense.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Days Won:  14

This is the truth. Fixing the D is the first priority. The offense is ugly, but it would be sufficient if the D was not swiss cheese.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Shoulda, woulda coulda..... BJ and company only put 18 of those 36 points on the board...Bonani's kicking scored the other 18. 5 field goals = impotent offense.

Did Bonani kick all of his FGs from USF's side of the field? How did he get into FG range?