• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

28-5 vs. 15 - 18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

This is Skips record if he would have held onto leads vs. his actual record at USF - 13 potential wins. USF lost nine games under Holtz in games that we had a fourth-quarter lead and four more in which we were tied. Difference from being coach of the year to being fired.

You sound like a UCiF'er!

How so?

This is Skips record --->if<--- he would have held onto leads vs. his actual record at USF - 13 potential wins. USF lost nine games under Holtz in games that we had a fourth-quarter lead and four more in which we were tied. Difference from being coach of the year to being fired.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Days Won:  14

This soft-zone thinking always fails. The fear of giving up the big play leads to giving up several small plays with the same result but NO CLOCK TIME LEFT. Better off giving up the big play and having some time on the clock to retaliate...or even better, actually stopping them from getting to FG range.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

ugh that was hard to read. Sounded just like us. I never ever understood the keep them in front of us strategy. In any situation besides maybe under a minute to go. Maybe it is just me, but I would always try and push for the sack or turnover. A sack, INT, or even a dropped/bad pass is better than a 12 yard completion.

What constitutes a big play? I play like we had on the last TD at Nevada? That didnt happen because of their defense. That happened because Davis was a better athlete. Does a 40 yard pass constitute as a "big" play? Put some ******* pressure on the QB and put some responsibility on your defense. I would rather lose the way Nevada lost than lose the way have been losing the past 3 years.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This soft-zone thinking always fails. The fear of giving up the big play leads to giving up several small plays with the same result but NO CLOCK TIME LEFT. Better off giving up the big play and having some time on the clock to retaliate...or even better, actually stopping them from getting to FG range.

I agre. i was hoping syracuse would score with more time on the clock. we always leave just enough for the other team to score.

same exact scenario as panther game. 20 yard outs right in front of soft zone coverage against syracuse. no pass rush.funny thing is panthers blitzed often in first half and sacked Cutler 6 times.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I may be wrong but I think that the OP was not positive towards skip. Quite possibly, they were pointing to the fact that we've collapsed in the 4th quarter. Either way, the they stated FACTS, just because some of you don't like those, they are still FACTS!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you are what your record says you are

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This is Skips record if he would have held onto leads vs. his actual record at USF - 13 potential wins. USF lost nine games under Holtz in games that we had a fourth-quarter lead and four more in which we were tied. Difference from being coach of the year to being fired.

How so?

This is Skips record --->if<--- he would have held onto leads vs. his actual record at USF - 13 potential wins. USF lost nine games under Holtz in games that we had a fourth-quarter lead and four more in which we were tied. Difference from being coach of the year to being fired.

Ok, I get that, but it's not like we're taking moral victories here. To me, it's a pretty solid stat and shows the ineptitude this team has displayed in quite a few games under Holtz. It doesn't even closely resemble something a UCFer would say.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

watching espn 3, the commentators said syracuse was just running the same play over and over again on last series. after cuse got to red zone they said they expected us to do something different to stop them.

we didn't blitz once in that last series.

we rushed 5 a couple of times and barrington did get there to knock qb down on one of those times but for the most part we rushed 4 and played a 2 deep zone

.it's amazing that we keep losing the same way and yet we do nothing to change the way we play defense in the last 5 minutes. 3rd and long problems on D are the same thing. holtz doesn't think it's his approach. he thinks it's his personnel. Didn't Snyder have to come out last year after the late losses and terrible 3rd downs and say we will have to be more aggressive?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

How so?

Ok, I get that, but it's not like we're taking moral victories here. To me, it's a pretty solid stat and shows the ineptitude this team has displayed in quite a few games under Holtz. It doesn't even closely resemble something a UCFer would say.

a ucifer would make it a positive. I don't believe that's what the OP was doing. :2cents:

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

watching espn 3, the commentators said syracuse was just running the same play over and over again on last series. after cuse got to red zone they said they expected us to do something different to stop them.

we didn't blitz once in that last series.

we rushed 5 a couple of times and barrington did get there to knock qb down on one of those times but for the most part we rushed 4 and played a 2 deep zone

.it's amazing that we keep losing the same way and yet we do nothing to change the way we play defense in the last 5 minutes. 3rd and long problems on D are the same thing. holtz doesn't think it's his approach. he thinks it's his personnel. Didn't Snyder have to come out last year after the late losses and terrible 3rd downs and say we will have to be more aggressive?

I thought I remember hearing that snyder wanted to be more aggressive on some plays, but over-road him.