• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Be Proud to be a Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Saw this in The Oracle:

http://www.usforacle.com/letter-to-the-editor-be-proud-to-be-a-bull-1.2782294

I graduated from USF in August. I proudly gave the school four years of my life and will never forget those years. There is, however, one memory that will always be clearer than the rest.

I hated football. I thought it was barbaric. I did some recreational fencing and thought myself better than something like American football. That was me as a freshman in 2008. The next year, I learned how wrong I was.

Without much of a choice in the matter, a fellow resident of my hall showed me the ropes of football via Madden. Then he took me to a game, sat me down on the seat directly behind the goal, and walked me through the game, traditions and songs. My life changed that day as I watched us take on Charleston Southern. USF changed, too, when Matt

Grothe

went down with an injury.

My real game was on September 19, 2009. I think it’s kind of incredible that B.J. Daniels’ first real game — not counting his appearance in 2008 against North Carolina State — was mine, too, because I spent the next three years cheering on a team that made me smile and cry and dream and hope. My senior year was painful to see on paper, but I was always proud at the end of every game, because I knew the only deciding factor was possession at the end.

I am currently working on my Master of Arts at the University of Michigan. I’m supposed to wear blue and be a feisty little Wolverine — I should not be wearing green. But that’s how I know that USF will always be a home to me, even when I’m 1,100 miles away. I bleed green and gold, I can’t help it.

I made the six-hour trip south to Louisville to see my Bulls. I left Ann Arbor the morning of our homecoming game and didn’t care. I watched my Bulls come onto the field and stood proud when I was a speck of green in a sea of red. I sang our fight song when we scored. I had my horns up when our players were down. I scared the natives.

And I held my head high as I left the stands, because I was proud of the team I saw that day. A win would have been wonderful, yes, but I had no regrets as I got in my car to drive another six hours back to Michigan. I smiled the whole way and replayed the highlights in my head.

Now, as you all prepare for your own homecoming in Tampa, take the advice of a USF grad: Be proud. Win or lose, those are your players, your team. They do it for you; you should cheer them on. Be proud of our young program and the talent that will be on the field. Be proud to be a Bull.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Always proud to be a Bull. Always. Just a bit disappointed in the direction of the trend.

Love the Bulls. Hate 5 game losing streaks.

GO BULLS. Beat syracuse.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Love my Bulls!!! Best time of my life at USF!

5081716707_acb17481d2.jpg?KeepThis=true&height=210&width=470&modal=false&TB_iframe=true

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Always. idgaf how hard the football team tries to make me hate USF. Isnt going to work.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

5081716707_acb17481d2.jpg?KeepThis=true&height=210&width=470&modal=false&TB_iframe=true

Impressive

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

Lol that's my buddy's ex gf

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Lol that's my buddy's ex gf

Lucky buddy!

4398469758_ef0c00c865_o.jpg

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

All football programs go through ups and downs (Florida was 0-10-1 in 79) and this is the first time our team has really struggled. We all hate losing but we need to support our team as I'm sure the players and coaches feel much worse than any fan about the current situation. We can't accept losing but lets not be so personal when it comes to calling out players and coaches. Do changes need to be made - yes - but let the season play out and make rational decisions at the end of the season. This team is not that far away from being good but if we stop supporting our team things could get much worse. Bulls fan for life!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

I will always want to watch every second, hold season tickets, and flip the **** out when we are failing. It's just who I am.