• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hardly a Bull to be found in Louisville

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

L'ville is, to me, the best road trip in the current Big East. Great bars, restaurants and distilleries in Lexington to L'ville corridor. Got to Keeneland race track over in Lexington. Their fans are about as good as you can get as a visiting fan. Did our pre and post game tailgating inside at a bar/restaurant in the area. Got to meet Pasco Bull from the Board. As we handed our ticket to be scanned I got a "hope you win" from the gal scanning. She was from Tampa.

After the game and walking back to the hotel had some good conversations with good wishes from their fans. Told them to rep the Big East well.

Including player and coaches families we probably had 150 - 175 people in our sections.

The game was exciting. Obviously disappointed with the results, but for those who say our team sucks, you couldn't tell it by the L'ville fans afterwards. Had more than one say they were lucky to win and that we had a good team. One told me that that was the most people they had stay until the end of the game all year. An older guy asked if we had a good trip and thanked us for coming up.

Looking forward to new destinations with San Diego, Houston, Dallas, Memphis and Boise. But it will be tough to beat this trip especially since you can drive there.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

L'ville is, to me, the best road trip in the current Big East. Great bars, restaurants and distilleries in Lexington to L'ville corridor. Got to Keeneland race track over in Lexington. Their fans are about as good as you can get as a visiting fan. Did our pre and post game tailgating inside at a bar/restaurant in the area. Got to meet Pasco Bull from the Board. As we handed our ticket to be scanned I got a "hope you win" from the gal scanning. She was from Tampa.

After the game and walking back to the hotel had some good conversations with good wishes from their fans. Told them to rep the Big East well.

Including player and coaches families we probably had 150 - 175 people in our sections.

The game was exciting. Obviously disappointed with the results, but for those who say our team sucks, you couldn't tell it by the L'ville fans afterwards. Had more than one say they were lucky to win and that we had a good team. One told me that that was the most people they had stay until the end of the game all year. An older guy asked if we had a good trip and thanked us for coming up.

Looking forward to new destinations with San Diego, Houston, Dallas, Memphis and Boise. But it will be tough to beat this trip especially since you can drive there.

Thanks for the info on your experience. Seems like the team plays just well enough to get beat.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

Glad you had a good trip Rick. Louisville is a fun town. I've had great trips to most Big East games, Pittsburgh, Rutgers via the Big Apple and UConn with Bristol particularly stand out. The road experience is always a big part of the fun (particularly with this team).

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187

I've always wanted to do the Louisville trip. I should just plan on going to Big East games since bowl games aren't as guaranteed anymore...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

Louisville is the class of the Big East for sure. I'll go again if they don't get picked off by the big 12. I can't believe they choose WVU over Louisville the last time.

• Content Count:  751

If you go back, make a side trip to Lorretto and tour the Maker's Mark Distillery (The best of the bunch) and then

enjoy lunch or dinner at the Old Talbott Tavern in Bardstown.

http://www.makersmark.com/age-verification

http://talbotts.com/

If you go back, make a side trip to Lorretto and tour the Maker's Mark Distillery (The best of the bunch) and then

http://www.makersmar...ge-verification

Have done Makers. Might have had lunch at the Old Talbott a couple of years ago. Is it just north of the town square?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

Good posts guys, thanks for the info.

• Content Count:  751

http://www.makersmar...ge-verification

Have done Makers. Might have had lunch at the Old Talbott a couple of years ago. Is it just north of the town square?

It's on the SW corner...You may have eaten at Mammy's Kitchen.

That doesn't sound right. This place was really old, on a corner and either a block or so north or west of the square. Anyway, hopefully the 'ville will still be in the BE in 2 years and we'll try your recommendation. And as far as recommendations, we went to the Bristol Downtown on Friday night. Excellent food and huge bourbon selection.