• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chairman of Board of Trustees Knows We're In Trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sure Ramil only intended Woulard to read that email. His comments cooled off quite a bit on Thursday. But I aggree with him. The situation is unacceptable and a change should be made if it continues. He should have waited a day before sending that to cool off first. I'm sure he regrets saying "disgusted".

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Not a fight picking point, but curious... Why 2 more games? That would give us 4 wins and that would show and decline from last year. Would he not at least have to win 3 more games to match last years record? Do you keep a guy who has gotten worse each year? Curious...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Don't get me wrong... I'm in full support of a change... I've just heard that 4 wins appears to be the bench mark... though no firm source... appears just to be the popular opinion.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

See, there you go... makes sense... I was just curious ultimately...

I'm sure Ramil only intended Woulard to read that email. His comments cooled off quite a bit on Thursday. But I aggree with him. The situation is unacceptable and a change should be made if it continues. He should have waited a day before sending that to cool off first. I'm sure he regrets saying "disgusted".

If he only wanted DW to read it then why was it sent to Judy?

I agree... he probably didn't want it public... but I'm glad that the president of our BOT is that passionate about the success of the program.

I'm also going to be he doesn't regret it... He's known for being a straight shooter and that's what's gotten him to where he is today. He may gloss over it because it's out there now and he has to... but I'm betting his original feelings are the same.

See, there you go... makes sense... I was just curious ultimately...

Hell no worries... Never want us to lose... but I just don't see us ever succeeding with Holtz running the team.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Don't get me wrong... I'm in full support of a change... I've just heard that 4 wins appears to be the bench mark... though no firm source... appears just to be the popular opinion.

Based on this trend...

2013 need 3 wins

2014 need 2 wins

I'm joking of course, but I don't see why 4 should be the bench mark. Again, that's worse than last year and last year we were in last place and didn't make a bowl.

According to all the data, next year is a "rebuilding" year, so what will our expectations be then?

Edited by MaltLiquorBull

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

"I don't coach football. I don't know what the answers are," Ramil said Thursday.

The answer is to open your check book and start paying SEC salaries Ramil and attract SEC coaches.

Our current coach is currently #35 in salary. I'm pretty sure that is above a good number of SEC coaches. Probably some good ones.

http://usatoday30.us...rise/51242232/1

may be a year old but 11 SEC schools are in top 20 of pay. we arent paying SEC dollars

we pay as much or more than ole miss, kentucky, tennessee, vandy, and arkansas. we pay as much or more than 37 current BCS teams.

http://www.coachesho...esContracts.htm

that arkansas contract is for an INTERIM COACH. kentucky and vandy? not sure if serious

so Tennessee is your only example. and if they fire Dooley that number will double to attract a high level coach

correct me if I'm wrong but i believe you said 11 of 12 in top 20. we're top 35 and if you go by old sec at 12 teams they only have 7 schools above us.

You're wrong. He said 11 SEC schools are in top 20 of pay, based on the year old figures he linked from USA Today, and he was correct.

I was listing the sec teams that pay as much or less than us. no disputing the facts. kentucky, vandy, arkansas, tennessee and ole miss currently pay as much or less than us

You're using the term "facts" pretty loosely there based on your source. Facts point to Kentucky being lower. Common sense says Vandy, and probably Ole Miss because of the new coach, are lower because of the circumstances but there are no "facts" to back that up since no figures have been officially released. You appear to be wrong about Tennessee because the USAToday list has Dickey at $2.3 million while your Coaches Hot Seat site has him at $1.9 but no documentation because, apparently, he's a New head coach, contract not released yet so I'm going with the USAToday site being closer to a fact. The Arkansas salary situation is too big of a ******* joke to even have to justify. So it's only 3 SEC programs that probably pay as much or less than us. So technically, we are paying an SEC salary, bottom quarter SEC salary, but SEC salary nonetheless.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

I was happy when I read this yesterday

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

"I don't coach football. I don't know what the answers are," Ramil said Thursday.

The answer is to open your check book and start paying SEC salaries Ramil and attract SEC coaches.

Our current coach is currently #35 in salary. I'm pretty sure that is above a good number of SEC coaches. Probably some good ones.

http://usatoday30.us...rise/51242232/1

may be a year old but 11 SEC schools are in top 20 of pay. we arent paying SEC dollars

we pay as much or more than ole miss, kentucky, tennessee, vandy, and arkansas. we pay as much or more than 37 current BCS teams.

http://www.coachesho...esContracts.htm

that arkansas contract is for an INTERIM COACH. kentucky and vandy? not sure if serious

so Tennessee is your only example. and if they fire Dooley that number will double to attract a high level coach

correct me if I'm wrong but i believe you said 11 of 12 in top 20. we're top 35 and if you go by old sec at 12 teams they only have 7 schools above us.

You're wrong. He said 11 SEC schools are in top 20 of pay, based on the year old figures he linked from USA Today, and he was correct.

I was listing the sec teams that pay as much or less than us. no disputing the facts. kentucky, vandy, arkansas, tennessee and ole miss currently pay as much or less than us

You're using the term "facts" pretty loosely there based on your source. Facts point to Kentucky being lower. Common sense says Vandy, and probably Ole Miss because of the new coach, are lower because of the circumstances but there are no "facts" to back that up since no figures have been officially released. You appear to be wrong about Tennessee because the USAToday list has Dickey at $2.3 million while your Coaches Hot Seat site has him at $1.9 but no documentation because, apparently, he's a New head coach, contract not released yet so I'm going with the USAToday site being closer to a fact. The Arkansas salary situation is too big of a ******* joke to even have to justify. So it's only 3 SEC programs that probably pay as much or less than us. So technically, we are paying an SEC salary, bottom quarter SEC salary, but SEC salary nonetheless.

not sure what bobby petrino and houston nutt's salary have to do with this year. both schools currently pay less.

greg schiano is still on that usa today list.

skip makes $300k more now than he did then.

we pay a competitive salary regardless of where it ranks compared to sec schools. we are not competing in the sec.