• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good trib article/commentary..........

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I don't know why people keep equating success only as being an elite team. Every step of the way this program has made steady progress (until the last few years). Although it was exciting and gave us a bump into the national picture, the 2007 season should have been the launching point. And it was to some degree.

There's been no steady progress for 5 years. There was no launching point to any degree from 2007. After that season we plateaued for 4 straight years and I include last year because we're only a couple of plays away from the same results as the previous 3 years. Something had to give, one way or the other, and it gave the wrong way. I think Skip gets minimum next year to try and get us back up to that plateau.

^^^ The above is a perfect example of the ignorant expectations and sheer naivete of too many Bulls Fans. I call this "Mad Bull Disease."

The idea that any NCAA team, much less a team that didn't exist when "Mad Cow Disease" hit Britain, is automatically entitled to continued winning more and more games each year is just plain stupidity. If winning college football games and competing were so simple then Texas, OU, LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, Nebraska, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, etc., etc., would win their conferences and the NC every year. Oh, wait...They all can't win every year, can they?

It appears Alabama has "platteaued" under Nick Saban.

There are good plateaus and bad plateaus ... The really astute can differentiate between them.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Trip, are you agreeing with Fennelly in whole or part? Because that might be a first.

It's a first ... Agree with most of it. I think the paragraph about the unrealistic expectations was a little off in that he painted all alums and fans with the same brush. I don't think an occasional 5-2 in conference is an unrealistic expectation ... and I didn't agree with his wrap up. I don't think with losing the final 10 games, the ax would have to fall on Skip. He should be forced, however, at minimum if the status quo is maintained, to make changes on the defensive side, coaching wise ... moving someone else up into the Coordinator position.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Thanks, you just reminded me to cancel the Trib subscription. 50 cents a day is way too much to pay for a crossword puzzle.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know why people keep equating success only as being an elite team. Every step of the way this program has made steady progress (until the last few years). Although it was exciting and gave us a bump into the national picture, the 2007 season should have been the launching point. And it was to some degree.

There's been no steady progress for 5 years. There was no launching point to any degree from 2007. After that season we plateaued for 4 straight years and I include last year because we're only a couple of plays away from the same results as the previous 3 years. Something had to give, one way or the other, and it gave the wrong way. I think Skip gets minimum next year to try and get us back up to that plateau.

^^^ The above is a perfect example of the ignorant expectations and sheer naivete of too many Bulls Fans. I call this "Mad Bull Disease."

The idea that any NCAA team, much less a team that didn't exist when "Mad Cow Disease" hit Britain, is automatically entitled to continued winning more and more games each year is just plain stupidity. If winning college football games and competing were so simple then Texas, OU, LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, Nebraska, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, etc., etc., would win their conferences and the NC every year. Oh, wait...They all can't win every year, can they?

It appears Alabama has "platteaued" under Nick Saban.

There are good plateaus and bad plateaus ... The really astute can differentiate between them.

It only took Alabama 100 years to get to that plateau.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

I've never thought this program was as close to greatness as alums and fans thought.

Fennelly -- always there to talk crap about USF and kick the dead horse.

I would wipe my arse with his column except I fear my butt would come out dirtier

Fennelly you ginormous fleabag troll-- kindly find the hole you crawled out of and go back there.

god what a #@$&&*#@$ **&$@^@!$$%#$#

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Fennelly nailed it.

By the way, if you think 10 straight losses is far-fetched:

They just lost to Ball State and Temple.

Your beard makes you wise

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

Love the mention of the ax swinging! It made me excited to think of such things.