• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When BJ got his helmet ripped off...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Put down the shovel bro... We're buried enough

Lol

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

HELMET TOSS: Asked about the play in which QB B.J. Daniels had his helmet ripped off with enough force to fly across the field, Holtz didn't question the absence of a facemask penalty but said he was glad there wasn't any significant injury to his senior. "I think it's scary. It's really scary to have your helmet ripped off with that speed and velocity," Holtz said. "Thank goodness it came off. If it didn't, he could have been severely injured. I thought that's what all these new rules were in place to do, to protect the defenseless player."

SOURCE: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/holtz-four-game-skid-falls-me#comments

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

HELMET TOSS: Asked about the play in which QB B.J. Daniels had his helmet ripped off with enough force to fly across the field, Holtz didn't question the absence of a facemask penalty but said he was glad there wasn't any significant injury to his senior. "I think it's scary. It's really scary to have your helmet ripped off with that speed and velocity," Holtz said. "Thank goodness it came off. If it didn't, he could have been severely injured. I thought that's what all these new rules were in place to do, to protect the defenseless player."

SOURCE: http://www.tampabay....lls-me#comments

ZERO passion

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

that is just plain idiotic.

"Oh-- they fouled us-- I hope our players didn't get a boo boo. What-- I should fight for the refs to call a penalty and get the ball back/negate the fumble. Nah--- they got us fair and square. Awww shucks. Heck of a team they have at Temple."

the Holtz line of thinking is oblivious

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

SOURCE: http://www.tampabay....lls-me#comments

ZERO passion

Got him a mug

no_heart_mug-p168956802038012177enw9p_400.jpg

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Honestly, I didn't see the guy grab his helmet and rip it off. Looked to me like he got hit hard by multiple players and someone's arm hit the face mask and it popped off.

Did someone actually see a player grab the helmet and rip it off, or is this yet another thread of wild assumptions?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  568
  • Days Won:  1

Being in the Blackout area, I had to suffer through the Temple internet radio broadcast of the game. The announcers pretty much got all the player's names and numbers wrong throughout the whole game... When BJ had his helmet ripped off, they didn't say anything at the time, but when they mentioned the recap of the play or later in the game when mentioning the turnovers, they referred to the play as BJ being almost decapitated on the play (as one of them laughed) and they sort of mentioned how they didn't see how the officials missed that call.

I was also reading or listening to a report about how now that players are having to sit out a play after their helmets come off for safety sake, there have been an overabundance of players intentionally having their helmets ripped off their heads by the opposing team. Seems like this may be some sort of loophole that players are exploiting to be able to get opposing players off the field for a play....

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly, I didn't see the guy grab his helmet and rip it off. Looked to me like he got hit hard by multiple players and someone's arm hit the face mask and it popped off.

Did someone actually see a player grab the helmet and rip it off, or is this yet another thread of wild assumptions?

No - not wild assumptions. It was very clear that BJ had his helmet ripped off by Temple and at least part of the grab was the face mask. Wish I had a link but if you saw it there was no question that it was at the very least unnessary roughness and facemask.

No - not wild assumptions. It was very clear that BJ had his helmet ripped off by Temple and at least part of the grab was the face mask. Wish I had a link but if you saw it there was no question that it was at the very least unnessary roughness and facemask.

you tell me what you think happens

made a better video with slow mo and frame by frame---