• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

There was a couple of young women that came and sat next to us early in the 2nd quarter. Got talking one of them. She was a Gator fan there with her 'Noles friend. I mentioned to her how USF seems to have taken a step back in on field performance and attendance. She said "it will get better with time. FSU wasn't always this good". She was telling me how she had ties to all 3 schools and that her parents had FSU season tickets BEFORE Bobby Bowden. For me, it put this whole season ticket/fan base thing in perspective. I don't even remember hearing about FSU before Bobby Bowden. I know we would like to have the stadium full. And I was disappointed to see the stadium half red. But hopefully in time.......

As for the students, I purposely looked for red shirts in their section late in the 3rd quarter. I could only pick out about 30 - 40 or so. The section was full, some of the 200 seats were full and there were a ton doing the normal socializing near the ship.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

******** on the record attendance. We may have sold record tickets, but no where near the crowd of the 2007 WVU game.

This.

The stadium was nowhere near as full as the WV game.

About to just type this.... It was not close to WVU

Does anyone have the TSA actual attendance number from 2007 WVU? I'd be interested to hear.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

Of course the atmosphere wasn't the same as the WVU 07 game.

There was a lot more USF fans that year in the stadium.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

GA "USF announced a record crowd of 69,383 for Florida State game tonight. Actual attendance was 58,808, according to Tampa Sports Authority."

I know you've got over 2,600 posts on here dude.....but you must be new to this.

Announced attendance = tickets sold, distributed, given away = 69,383

TSA attendance = tickets physically scanned, football team, band members, staff members, employees = 58,808

10,500 tickets weren't used apparently, or not scanned properly. I'm going to estimate that a bunch of fans had dreams of selling their tickets for profit, then got no bites and didn't bother going to the game.

What exactly was he supposedly "new" to? Nothing you posted contradicted what he posted ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

GA "USF announced a record crowd of 69,383 for Florida State game tonight. Actual attendance was 58,808, according to Tampa Sports Authority."

I know you've got over 2,600 posts on here dude.....but you must be new to this.

Announced attendance = tickets sold, distributed, given away = 69,383

TSA attendance = tickets physically scanned, football team, band members, staff members, employees = 58,808

10,500 tickets weren't used apparently, or not scanned properly. I'm going to estimate that a bunch of fans had dreams of selling their tickets for profit, then got no bites and didn't bother going to the game.

What exactly was he supposedly "new" to? Nothing you posted contradicted what he posted ...

Best laugh I've had all night. Dom Wooganowski strikes again! :lol:

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I was pretty shocked at how many long time season ticket holders sold their tix to Noles to make a buck -kind of disturbing. I would guess the lower bowl with the students was 60% Bulls 40% Noles and upper deck was 70% Noles 30% Bulls.

I did not sell and even ate the extra tickets to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. It shows how far the program has dropped in that NO ONE wanted to go to the game and watch yet another loss. At least the defense manned up and made it somewhat of a game.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Sold my 6 tickets to the game. Paid for my season tickets for the year. I don't feel bad about it and think it was the right move. If the football team had done their part and were 4-0 I would have gone to the game.

I'll be back at the end of October to cheer on my 3-4 or 2-5 Bulls against Syracuse.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

i didn't even sit in my seats because i knew i'd be surrounded by noles... instead i went to the student section

I can relate. I am pretty laid back and do not care if others cheer for another team. Unfortunately, some decide to start to mock my school or other USF fans with obscene gestures and rude or lewd comments, I stand up and fight back. One guy I knew found out I was by myself vs. several of their fans and asked me to come sit with him where there were more USF fans. I have been sitting where I am for years because back in the 1AA days, it was fun meeting other fans from the other teams and talking sports. Sadly, in "big time" sports, too many live vicariously through their teams.