• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I'm gonna disagree with that one. There's so many different organizations that I'm sure it would be abused. I think limiting it to the few groups I mentioned and leaving the rest as general admission would be best. The Greeks already sit together in the corner, let them pay a little extra and have those sections in the corner to themselves. By having the Beef Studs and SBC have those front row seats reserved, they can leverage it to promote membership so more students can get better seats.

That is a good point.

I think it can be a perception thing. People sitting right next to those groups paid money for the seats and the groups didn't. Not to mention that, from my understanding, the concessions don't go to USF.

Well the groups I mentioned were young children so they couldnt pay for those anyway. Maybe they can give them to a school for a large discount and make it a thin like 'the entire 2nd grade class from Freedom High school' or something like that.

The others were servicemen and military. Pretty sure no one is complaining there. Especially when most of the seats are empty anyway.

I was referring to outrunner and his Greek/ROTC idea for the student section. I have no personal problem with giving a block of tickets to servicemen.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

The 300 level for students is kind of a joke as they issue those tickets but then no students sit up there - they just hang around the ship if they can't get find a seat in the 200 level with their 300 ticket. That 300 corner was 1/2 full for the WVU game and I suspect it was regular folk spreading out up top.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

They should block those areas off.

Edited by ctbrown24

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

The 300 level for students is kind of a joke as they issue those tickets but then no students sit up there - they just hang around the ship if they can't get find a seat in the 200 level with their 300 ticket. That 300 corner was 1/2 full for the WVU game and I suspect it was regular folk spreading out up top.

That is the only game that my wife and I hung out the whole game in the standing room area next to the ship. We had tickets in the 200 section but were drawn by the energy of the students. The energy in the stadium was electric that night. We cant wait for Saturday.

Again I agree with the closing of the 300 section.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

anyone stating that students don't pay for their tickets is misinformed

they pay pretty hefty per credit hour activity fees that are a major source of the budget for athletics

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I see the "Be Respectabull" program is thriving

lol sportsmanship and sports dont go together. It is just silly.

Yeah they do. Sportsmanship and dickheads dont mesh well.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

That is the only game that my wife and I hung out the whole game in the standing room area next to the ship. We had tickets in the 200 section but were drawn by the energy of the students. The energy in the stadium was electric that night. We cant wait for Saturday.

Again I agree with the closing of the 300 section.

Bringin' the heat....Ummmm....

185157_373412649395929_602426628_n.jpg

• Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738

At the 07 WVU game they blocked people from coming to the 100-200 level concourse with a 300 level ticket. i wonder if they do this again

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

At the 07 WVU game they blocked people from coming to the 100-200 level concourse with a 300 level ticket. i wonder if they do this again

Most likely. Hope they kick out any d0uchebag wearing FSU gear in the student section as well.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  879

300 only gets filled for big games like this weekend.

200 level is typically for the straggler who tailgate past the start of the game.

140 & 143 is for the HoT

103 & 106 has become the unofficial Greek section.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a few changes to the student section.

- Eliminate the 300 level seats all together.

- Turn 103, 106, 205, & 206 into the Greek section, where the Greeks can get actual reserved seats for their house and can sit together.

- Allow the front rows of 150 and 149 to be reserved for the Beef Studs (150) and Student Bulls Club (149). They already traditionally sit there, just make it official. It would help membership for the two most prominent support groups.

- Create a reserved section for ROTC students who come dressed in their uniforms (along with getting them a real cannon to fire).

A couple of games ago there was a dance-off between two guys in sections 103 and 106. It was hilarious.