• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Skip Holtz Billboard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

usf is probly buying up all billboards on fowler right about now :P

• Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

RT @usfvoodoo5: Ever since Bill McGillis ordered a "Big 4" billboard to go up in downtown Tampa, USF is 19-19.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

That is also on my mind... I think Smazza said it best that he didn't understand the Woolard hire (although he did endorse the hire at the end of the thread on this board)... Bringing a non-football AD to a school that will live and die with the results of the football program look pretty bad right now.

How many years have I been saying that Woolard wanted us to be the USF Bilikens. Bad hire and now a very, very bad pair of extensions to two personnel that didn't deserve them.

Edited by hbryan

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

And before that, starting the 2007 season, we're 20-9.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

That is also on my mind... I think Smazza said it best that he didn't understand the Woolard hire (although he did endorse the hire at the end of the thread on this board)... Bringing a non-football AD to a school that will live and die with the results of the football program look pretty bad right now.

You'll have to be pretty creative, then, considering all the non-football good stuff that's happened under his watch ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

RT @usfvoodoo5: Ever since Bill McGillis ordered a "Big 4" billboard to go up in downtown Tampa, USF is 19-19.

Yeah, I am sure one had something to do with the other.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Season tickets dropped after the hire and are only up this year because FSU fans bought the cheap ones up as evidenced by the $2.00 tickets for all of the games except FSU

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I said it earlier with the billboard... It was a bold marketing move on the part of USF and one I fully support to this day. It wasn't their fault that Leavitt's teams couldn't win in October. It's not their fault now that Skip can't win in September. To this day, it was one of the most brilliant marketing moves completed by USF. Normally we b.i.t.c.h. about how terrible the marketing department is. For once, they struck while the iron was hot. Still give them credit for a great billboard!

• Downvote 1