• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Not trying to start a firestorm, but if the Big 12 would like to expand into Florida, who's to say USF is that much better a candidate than UCF. After a couple years playing in the Big East, and especially at the rate Holtz is going UCF will be our equals.

I know its hard for us to accept but, how far ahead of them are we really? How does the Orlando TV market compare? Whats their growth potential? How do the Universities compare regarding Academics, Quality of Sports, Facilities, Alumni, etc??

As of right now and the next few years, USF is the better choice. Tampa/St. Pete is the better market, we have a stadium that from day one can accomodate 65K for the big games, and as of today, we have arguably more established football and basketball programs. Five years from now, the answer could definitely be different, but I think if they expanded this year/next year, by a slim margin USF is still the clearer choice.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I still think Big 12 will come calling one day now that FSU and Miami are staying in the ACC. Maybe I'm delusional.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

unless big 12 would take orlando school also

usf alone-- idont see it but it would be great if it happened

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

The only way I could see it happening would be on Louisville's coattails. I would not hold my breath though....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

The only way I could see it happening would be on Louisville's coattails. I would not hold my breath though....

this. We dont go there without Louisville. Doesnt make sense. Louisville can go without us though...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

At least someone on the radio is talking about us. Still getting used to a station talking about USF on the radio daily. We would be better than Iowa State and Kansas. They are still not good yet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

Not geographically ideal but B12 would be great! Also the money would be fantastic. To think what the university could do with the extra cash

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

If Big12 expands its UL and one of the three USF, RU, FSU. If Big 12 can get FSU with a $50 mil or less buyout, I still see that as an option, but a lot of the money would need to be gifted to FSU. Rumors of ESPN & Fox giving an extra $3-4mil for tiers 1&2 are still out there for 12 team league and championship game. I think expansion only happens with FSU unless Champions bowl & Sec require it, that is why I think UL throws money at their buyout and half of FSU's to get out, because they can afford it.

Also did see McMurpheys tweet for this article on divisions and money for BE

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8398279/big-east-conference-divided-14th-football-member-sources-say

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

If Big12 expands its UL and one of the three USF, RU, FSU. If Big 12 can get FSU with a $50 mil or less buyout, I still see that as an option, but a lot of the money would need to be gifted to FSU. Rumors of ESPN & Fox giving an extra $3-4mil for tiers 1&2 are still out there for 12 team league and championship game. I think expansion only happens with FSU unless Champions bowl & Sec require it, that is why I think UL throws money at their buyout and half of FSU's to get out, because they can afford it.

Also did see McMurpheys tweet for this article on divisions and money for BE

http://espn.go.com/college-

football/story/_/id/8398279/big-east-conference-divided-14th-football-member-sources-say

Why should Louisville want to pay tens of millions for another school's buyout?

• Content Count:  820

Why if the article attached is true in figures would be why,

If BE signs with ESPN for all three tiers in the amount of $4-8.5 million a year, versus $23 mil (added value included) for Tier 1&2 with FSU, along with another $4-6 mil to own their own Tier 3 right would equal approximately $27 mil.

Therefore UL would make another $18.5 mil a year being in the BIG 12 for ~ 12 years, therefore throwing out $20-25 mil upfront is nothing for them with their contracts with YUM, and Papa Johns and the money they make off basketball.

Also if UL does not get out I feel UL thinks that Coach Strong is gone, recruiting will diminish and fans will spen less money.