• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to see.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz and his band of morons, especially Fitch, sent packing!!!!!

I know it's only 1 loss, but before you guys jump all over me hear me out..

Other than beating Notre Dame, what has he done? Oh and by the way, if Rees would have started and/or been put into the game at QB sooner we would have lost that game!

His overall record, including Thursday night's game is 13-13 (.50 win precentage) and his BigEast record, including Thursday night's game, is 4-11 (.36 winning percentage). There are countless threads in this board about USF needing get invited to one of the "BIG 5" conferences. Aside from the Tampa media market, there is no appeal to inviting USF to join them. Yes, there is "potential", but we've been talking about USF's "potential" for YEARS! We need to stop talking about "potential" and start talking about EXPECTATIONS! I don't give a **** what conference we play in I want to see USF win! That's all anybody cares about WINS and LOSSES.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very personably man and says all the right things to the fans and media, but in my opinion he has taken a program that was on it's way to up and run it into the ground by living of his father's resume. Before you guys point at that he won CUSA titles, look back at some of your posts in other threads, where a lot of you do nothing but trash the CUSA!!! So he won titles in a conference that you guys think is a joke.......

The offensive play calling is baffling, say what you want about Fitch making the calls, but Skip is the HEAD COACH and can veto them. I will point this out. Let's go back to Skip's first year. Last game of the year against UConn, if USF wins and some other things go their way (i.e. WV losing, I don't quite recall what exactly needed to happen) we get the BCS Bowl bid because of tie-breakers. USF got the ball back with over a minute to go before the half and a timeout. They proceed to take knees and go into the locker room. I don't know all there is to know about football, but you CANNOT take timeouts with you to the next half. Our season was on the line and he tucked is tail between his legs and ran into the locker room like a scalded dog. Let's fast forward to Thursday night..... Tie ball game, USF gets the ball with 6:31 left in the game. We proceed to run 3 incomplete passes and a total of 21 seconds off the clock, are you F**KING KIDDING ME!! Was Fitch not paying attention that our defense couldn't have stopped a decent high school offense that night. So we punt the ball, from our 25, back to Rutgers with 6:10 to go and all they need to win is a field goal. Hey dumbass, they kicked a 52 yarder earlier in the game, so at the very least they need to only get the ball to our 35. Again, was he watching our D? Rutgers would have had no problem getting the ball there. I know that we couldn't run on them, that was obvious, but at the very least RUN SOME TIME OFF THE CLOCK YOU TOOL!

Defensively it's real easy, WE CAN'T STOP ANYONE! Nevada showed the way to beat us, run up the middle and on 3rd down we will play such soft zone coverage that 3rd and long will be as easy to convert as 3rd and short. We only beat Nevada because thier D is not on the same level as what we will see in the BigEast. Nova attempted 42 passes and we had 1 sack, i will repeat that 1 sack! We supposedly have one of the best defensive lines in the BigEast??? Not really! The other 41 attempts no one was even within an arms reach of him!

Holtz and Co. have done nothing to develop the talent we have. I'm not the one that says we have talent, everyone from ESPN, to yahoo sports, to cbs, to phil steele all write articles talking about the talent we have. We have tons of talent and no coaching!!

Just my 2 cents, proceed to destroy my post........

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Other than beating Notre Dame, what has he done? Oh and by the way, if Rees would have started and/or been put into the game at QB sooner we would have lost that game!

His overall record, including Thursday night's game is 13-13 (.50 win precentage) and his BigEast record, including Thursday night's game, is 4-11 (.36 winning percentage). There are countless threads in this board about USF needing get invited to one of the "BIG 5" conferences. Aside from the Tampa media market, there is no appeal to inviting USF to join them. Yes, there is "potential", but we've been talking about USF's "potential" for YEARS! We need to stop talking about "potential" and start talking about EXPECTATIONS! I don't give a **** what conference we play in I want to see USF win! That's all anybody cares about WINS and LOSSES.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very personably man and says all the right things to the fans and media, but in my opinion he has taken a program that was on it's way to up and run it into the ground by living of his father's resume. Before you guys point at that he won CUSA titles, look back at some of your posts in other threads, where a lot of you do nothing but trash the CUSA!!! So he won titles in a conference that you guys think is a joke.......

The offensive play calling is baffling, say what you want about Fitch making the calls, but Skip is the HEAD COACH and can veto them. I will point this out. Let's go back to Skip's first year. Last game of the year against UConn, if USF wins and some other things go their way (i.e. WV losing, I don't quite recall what exactly needed to happen) we get the BCS Bowl bid because of tie-breakers. USF got the ball back with over a minute to go before the half and a timeout. They proceed to take knees and go into the locker room. I don't know all there is to know about football, but you CANNOT take timeouts with you to the next half. Our season was on the line and he tucked is tail between his legs and ran into the locker room like a scalded dog. Let's fast forward to Thursday night..... Tie ball game, USF gets the ball with 6:31 left in the game. We proceed to run 3 incomplete passes and a total of 21 seconds off the clock, are you F**KING KIDDING ME!! Was Fitch not paying attention that our defense couldn't have stopped a decent high school offense that night. So we punt the ball, from our 25, back to Rutgers with 6:10 to go and all they need to win is a field goal. Hey dumbass, they kicked a 52 yarder earlier in the game, so at the very least they need to only get the ball to our 35. Again, was he watching our D? Rutgers would have had no problem getting the ball there. I know that we couldn't run on them, that was obvious, but at the very least RUN SOME TIME OFF THE CLOCK YOU TOOL!

Defensively it's real easy, WE CAN'T STOP ANYONE! Nevada showed the way to beat us, run up the middle and on 3rd down we will play such soft zone coverage that 3rd and long will be as easy to convert as 3rd and short. We only beat Nevada because thier D is not on the same level as what we will see in the BigEast. Nova attempted 42 passes and we had 1 sack, i will repeat that 1 sack! We supposedly have one of the best defensive lines in the BigEast??? Not really! The other 41 attempts no one was even within an arms reach of him!

Holtz and Co. have done nothing to develop the talent we have. I'm not the one that says we have talent, everyone from ESPN, to yahoo sports, to cbs, to phil steele all write articles talking about the talent we have. We have tons of talent and no coaching!!

the thing is that it's not just one game.

we are 1-7 at home in conference play under him

we are 1-9 for our last 10 in conference play under him.

the team takes on a coach's persona. Holtz is meek. we play soft.

I agree with everything you said.

another example is cincy game last year. 2nd and goal from their 2 with 20 seconds left and 2 timeouts. we burn clock and settle for field goal. the guy coaches scared.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

Per another post in one the other threads, Skip plays not to lose, he doesn't play to win. If that makes sense. We need a coach with some conviction, a coach who can get his players fired up, a coach who players want to win for and fear in a way. Skip seems like another Wade Phillips, he may be a great coach and person but he's too nice.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

It's not that he's a bad person, it's just that he's just a bad coach. (Channeling my inner Marco Rubio)

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone goes up the middle because our mlb couldnt stop my mother in laws wheelchair if it was rolling downhill..on tv he is usually blown right out of the picture. Yeah I know he makes alot of tacklesBUT ON HOW MANY IS HE MAKING THE INTIAL CONTACT!!???.Any one can jump on the pile when theres already 3s guys there. I have never seen him jam the line or worse,be on the other side making a tackle

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

One of the major things I look for in a Head coach is the way they manage the last 4 minutes of a half or game. In a close game (2 scores or less), which most equally matched teams will be in unless it is a blow out.

The play calling and/or clock management and decision making during this time is when a coaching staff can have the most influence in winning or losing a game.

Go back over a lot of the losses Skip has had (he's not the only one, Leavitt was just as bad). Pick deep in our end at end of first half when all he had to do was run out the clock. That killed our momentum, gave WVU momentum and turned the entire tone of the game. Florida game, several others last year, even the UTC game, Rutgers game this year. It goes on and on.

Our play calling inside the crucial time is atrocious. Don't know how to milk time off the clock and don't know how to run an eeffective and efficient offense in those situations. He seems lost in these situations.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Hard to argue against these points

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Everyone goes up the middle because our mlb couldnt stop my mother in laws wheelchair if it was rolling downhill..on tv he is usually blown right out of the picture. Yeah I know he makes alot of tacklesBUT ON HOW MANY IS HE MAKING THE INTIAL CONTACT!!???.Any one can jump on the pile when theres already 3s guys there. I have never seen him jam the line or worse,be on the other side making a tackle

Lol

Maybe you never see it because you aren't watching him play. Lanaris is terrible on passing plays, but he is of great value against the run.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Lanaris makes "tackles" 6 yards downfield. I don't know how "valuable" that is.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

...us realize this are merely football games and we are not Alabama. The program is getting stronger, this requires time. The purpose of football is entertainment. If you are going to have a meltdown after every loss, I suggest you take up a different hobby.