• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to see.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Right now, I'm extremely pissed that we gave this guy an extension. I'm willing to see how this year goes because I know we're not out of it yet. But if we have another sub par finish, I think it may be time to move on.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

...us realize this are merely football games and we are not Alabama. The program is getting stronger, this requires time. The purpose of football is entertainment. If you are going to have a meltdown after every loss, I suggest you take up a different hobby.

I disagree. I don't see any area where the program is getting stronger. Perhaps APR. Other than that I see it nosediving just like basketball did under McCullum.

On the field it is a boring product to watch combined with a team that hasn't won a home game against an FBS opponent in almost a year, hasn't beaten a BCS level opponent at home in almost 2 years. Season ticket sales because of the FSU game are the only reason the reported attendance figures look remotely decent. Actual butts in the seats are sickening.

The exciting games against big time programs that were scheduled under Leavitt (FSU, UF, Miami series, ND, next year MSU, Auburn, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas) are almost all done. After the series that were scheduled when we were a rising program are completed next year, the best OOC home and home series scheduled is Indiana.

Going forward into the new NCAA format it will be necessary for the top teams to schedule tougher schedules because to reach top of the polls there will be more of an emphasis on strength of schedule. If we don't start becoming a winning team our schedule will be crap.

What are you pointing to that leads you to believe this program is getting stronger? I just see a declining program that is continuing to be disrespected on national tv by announcers and analysts.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

...us realize this are merely football games and we are not Alabama. The program is getting stronger, this requires time. The purpose of football is entertainment. If you are going to have a meltdown after every loss, I suggest you take up a different hobby.

I disagree. I don't see any area where the program is getting stronger. Perhaps APR. Other than that I see it nosediving just like basketball did under McCullum.

On the field it is a boring product to watch combined with a team that hasn't won a home game against an FBS opponent in almost a year, hasn't beaten a BCS level opponent at home in almost 2 years. Season ticket sales because of the FSU game are the only reason the reported attendance figures look remotely decent. Actual butts in the seats are sickening.

The exciting games against big time programs that were scheduled under Leavitt (FSU, UF, Miami series, ND, next year MSU, Auburn, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas) are almost all done. After the series that were scheduled when we were a rising program are completed next year, the best OOC home and home series scheduled is Indiana.

Going forward into the new NCAA format it will be necessary for the top teams to schedule tougher schedules because to reach top of the polls there will be more of an emphasis on strength of schedule. If we don't start becoming a winning team our schedule will be crap.

What are you pointing to that leads you to believe this program is getting stronger? I just see a declining program that is continuing to be disrespected on national tv by announcers and analysts.

How about the fact that we have real depth and competition at ever position, instead of constantly having to have walk ons in big roles because so many players washed out? Leavitt was big on the quick fix. Holtz is building for the long haul.

We had some big wins under Leavitt, and plenty of blowout losses. Funny how everyone now forgets those.

The progress is clearly there if you look at the program as a whole, instead of melting down after a close loss. The great coaches build for the long term.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Yes build for the long term, but in the meantime, leave it all out on the field every game like Leavitt used to. That's all I ask.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

How about the fact that we have real depth and competition at ever position, instead of constantly having to have walk ons in big roles because so many players washed out? Leavitt was big on the quick fix. Holtz is building for the long haul.

We had some big wins under Leavitt, and plenty of blowout losses. Funny how everyone now forgets those.

The progress is clearly there if you look at the program as a whole, instead of melting down after a close loss. The great coaches build for the long term.

Fair point the depth is there based on what Holtz says. How the story plays out on the field is a different story. The wins are still elusive.

Since Holtz arrived most of the games are decided in the last 15 minutes or less.

Fair point the depth is there based on what Holtz says. How the story plays out on the field is a different story. The wins are still elusive.

Since Holtz arrived most of the games are decided in the last 15 minutes or less.

There is evidence the depth is better. When Holtz arrived, Joel Miller was the #4 or #5 receiver. Compare him to the current receivers in that spot. Miller is to be commended for his work ethic which allowed him to contribute when many thought he wouldn't be able to. But it is a world of difference from then to now.

There is evidence the depth is better. When Holtz arrived, Joel Miller was the #4 or #5 receiver. Compare him to the current receivers in that spot. Miller is to be commended for his work ethic which allowed him to contribute when many thought he wouldn't be able to. But it is a world of difference from then to now.

Depth without wins does not mean much. You can study all day but if you fail the test you still get an 'F' in class.

Depth without wins does not mean much. You can study all day but if you fail the test you still get an 'F' in class.

I didn't say you don't need wins. But it is a process. The impatience of this fanbase is incredible. You guys would have never survived as Bucs fans back in the day. Faithful Buc fans were rewarded. Don't be a bandwagon fan, support your team and wait for the good times that will come soon.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Holtz number one job is WINNING and winning consistently. His #1 job is not good grades, team depth, super happy players, fun Vero summers, great interviews, wonderful speeches, etc. He is failing at JOB #1.

Edited by hbryan

I didn't say you don't need wins. But it is a process. The impatience of this fanbase is incredible. You guys would have never survived as Bucs fans back in the day. Faithful Buc fans were rewarded. Don't be a bandwagon fan, support your team and wait for the good times that will come soon.

Been around since 1997 not planning on going any where. Concerned about the lack of improvement mainly from a mental standpoint.