• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bottom Line, We are a Bad Team!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Let's face the truth and lay it out.

We are not a very good team at all.

1. BJ is at best a below average QB, but above average athlete

• He cannot throw a straight line pass
  • He draws rain on most passes
  • He decides who he is trowing to before he takes the snap
  • He refuses to throw the ball away (OB not to the other team)
  • Very little progress in 4 years. Still cannot read defenses at all.

2. The DL played as poor as I think I have ever seen,

• No pressure on the QB
  • Couldn't stop the run

3. The OL play poorly

• BJ didn't have enough time to try to throw a decent pass if he was capable.
  • No blocking for the run game thus BJ defaulted to scramble too soon

4. Pass coverage non-existent

• Rutgers??? passing at will????
  • Especially at LB across the middle
  • Defenders were left watching the receivers catch the ball then tackling.

5. Poor Offensive Coordinator game plan

• Started the game running up the middle RB and BJ when that is the strength of Rutgers
  • Didn't adjust until lucky "rainbow passes" were caught, then that was all was tried then
  • Run your QB up middle on last play of 1st half??? Take a knee if you are not trying to score and protect your QB from injury.

6. Poor Head Coaching

• Team clearly not ready for the game
  • no oversight of the game plan or adjustments (or else he is guilty of 5 above)
  • Why stick with a QB that clearly hasn't progressed in 4 years, develop someone else
  • With Florida's vast recruitment ground, we cannot get a sea of RB talent to come here?

I will still pull for my Bulls and be at the game, cheer load and root for their efforts, but let's admit what we really have, identify the problems and correct them.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

Very good points. Holtz and staff have shown no ability to correct any of these shortcomings though. They cannot adjust and coach what they have and don't seem to be able to get what they need. Unless undersized linemen from Jesuit is what we need. Probably help the team GPA but as fans I am more interested in wins.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

• No pressure on the QB
  • Couldn't stop the run

3. The OL play poorly

• Started the game running up the middle RB and BJ when that is the strength of Rutgers
  • Didn't adjust until lucky "rainbow passes" were caught, then that was all was tried then
  • Run your QB up middle on last play of 1st half??? Take a knee if you are not trying to score and protect your QB from injury.

6. Poor Head Coaching

• no oversight of the game plan or adjustments (or else he is guilty of 5 above)
  • Why stick with a QB that clearly hasn't progressed in 4 years, develop someone else
  • With Florida's vast recruitment ground, we cannot get a sea of RB talent to come here?

I will still pull for my Bulls and be at the game, cheer load and root for their efforts, but let's admit what we really have, identify the problems and correct them.

Unfortunately, you are dead on.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

• No pressure on the QB
  • Couldn't stop the run

3. The OL play poorly

6. Poor Head Coaching

I think a lot of these can be on one bullet. The DL and lack of pass coverage is mostly due to the awful playcalling. Blitz packages were non existent and our players were in soft zones that Rutgers picked apart. We have speed yet we play zone and leave our DBs out to dry with no pressure or blitzes. Bring some sell out blitzes and let our guys play 1 on 1 every once in a while.

Offensively, the playcalling and gameplan is equally attrocious. Im still wondering why we dont run seams with our TE and go away from the quick outs and stops. Oh and dear Fitch, you can run slants outside of the redzone and when you get there, dont stick a TE out there. No offense to Landi, that was a tough play, but our deepest position on the team we replace with a TE

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Very good points. Holtz and staff have shown no ability to correct any of these shortcomings though. They cannot adjust and coach what they have and don't seem to be able to get what they need. Unless undersized linemen from Jesuit is what we need. Probably help the team GPA but as fans I am more interested in wins.

Speaking of Jesuit. I just got back from the Jesuit/Robinson game, which Jesuit lost 31-10. Holtz was there and spent 3 quarters standing under the goal posts watching the game. I believe we had 4 or 5 committs on the field in that game. Bruce Hector from Robinson seemed to be getting in the backfield and causing havoc. Jesuit's Defense was horrible. I don't know if I heard Brad Smith's name called or not. Robinson ran all over them.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

You forgot no running back threat. That makes us kind of one dimensional... The biggest things that stand out to me is that our defense can't pressure the QB at all so they just stand there wait for someone to get open on 3rd down. No RB threat, but the O line looks pretty terrible too so not sure what the fix is there.

Why don't we use TE Shields?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They dropped 8 guys in coverage. Thought the refs screwed it up by not stopping the clock (it was a 1st down), especially with Coach Holtz calling timeout.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

All valid points, this week. Face it, where was this post the prior week? oh yeah, we won so BJ had his head on straight, the DL stood up when they needed to, and the coaches were great guys, give Hotlz another 3 years now.

Here are the points, and don't get me wrong I am as frustrated over Thursday night as anyone, I saw the the same thing, what did Rutgers convert 10-12 3rd and longs (+9 yards)?

1. We NEVER win on Thursday night, please help, we should not have been here, it was a late add.

2. We NEVER prepare for Rutgers defense.

3. We just gave the rest of the Big East their play calling for the season, we cannot block and we will not pressure.

4. Skip needs to spend time at Jefferson and find us a few more public school kids.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

• No pressure on the QB
  • Couldn't stop the run

3. The OL play poorly

6. Poor Head Coaching

Can't argue with anything that you said...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

• we have been bad for years

it starts with the qb

years ago i saw bj couldnt hit the short pass or throw accurately

holtz hitched his wagon to bj which didnt seem smart 2 years ago and seems quite dumb now