• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh, this board revolves like the Earth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

How do fans of teams like Kentucky or Memphis or Duke or Wake Forest or Indiana or Buffalo deal with their team being bad year after year?

Have they accepted the fact their teams will for ever be bad and set the bar really low?

Plus most of the mentioned have fantastic BBall teams...

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't know anyone who seriously said we'd go undefeated. I haven't been here long. Predicting game to game opposed to season long is always going to bring out more optimism. Doubt many Packers fans pick them to lose any week, but I doubt many picked them to be undefeated on the year (I know USF isn't Green Bay, you Get my point).

So which is it? Do you know the team was never likely to go undefeated, or is the first loss of the year worth flipping the **** out over in incredibly over-the-top fashion? It can't be both. If you knew the team was never going to go undefeated, then you knew they would lose eventually, even to a team that you thought they could have beaten. That's just how it goes.

Wait until the team has lost five games before acting like the team has lost five games.

Last season was a big disappointment. There can be no doubt. But Holtz built a winner at East Carolina and has time to try and improve this season after this poor performance. Is it likely to happen? Well, he's not going to be fired tomorrow, so everyone hurling nonsense around might at well chill the **** out and wait and see what happens.

Edited by gobulls83
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

At least we don't have to hear about the 12-0 talk and threads about where we will be ranked after beating ___ .

months after football season

this talk will resurface

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I was the one that threw out 12-0... I THOUGHT that I clarified by saying that on a week to week basis, I expect to see the best we have and if I see that, I expect to win.

I don't think I saw our best last night though and we lost... I'm not shocked to lose a game, but, if anywhere near our best had showed up, we would have won by 3 TDs.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

I don't know anyone who seriously said we'd hop undefeated. I haven't been here long. Predicting game to game opposed to season long is always going to bring out more optimism. Doubt many Packers fans pick them to lose any week, but I doubt many picked them to be undefeated on the year (I know USF isn't Green Bay, you Get my point).

So which is it? Do you know the team was never likely to go undefeated, or is the first loss of the year worth flipping the **** out over in incredibly over-the-top fashion? It can't be both. If you knew the team was never going to go undefeated, then you knew they would lose eventually, even to a team that you thought they could have beaten. That's just how it goes.

Wait until the team has lost five games before acting like the team has lost five games.

Last season was a big disappointment. There can be no doubt. But Holtz built a winner at East Carolina and has time to try and improve this season after this poor performance. Is it likely to happen? Well, he's not going to be fired tomorrow, so everyone hurling nonsense around might at well chill the **** out and wait and see what happens.

Maybe you should chill out, i'm not here to fight jerk.

Losing to a team much less talented and seeing the coaching staff go the whole game doing the same stuff and have it continue to fail was being frustrating. First you yell at me for saying being optimistic is good, then complain I talk like we lost five games?

People here that wasn't to talk football is great, but good God, let's talk football not whether you should expect a winning product.

Holtz needs to get his coordinators out, as I know he's here for awhile. If he sticks to poor assistants, he's going to fail. If he had Sean Payton and Rex Ryan as his coordinators we'd win the National Championship.

Acknowledging this team didn't appear to have made developmental strides it should have is easy. I'm not one if the people predicting we lose to Pittsburgh for crying out loud, why don't you take your anger it on them?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

How do fans of teams like Kentucky or Memphis or Duke or Wake Forest or Indiana or Buffalo deal with their team being bad year after year?

Have they accepted the fact their teams will for ever be bad and set the bar really low?

the culture of losing is accepted

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

They don't care, they are winning (except for Buffalo)

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

I was the one that threw out 12-0... I THOUGHT that I clarified by saying that on a week to week basis, I expect to see the best we have and if I see that, I expect to win.

I don't think I saw our best last night though and we lost... I'm not shocked to lose a game, but, if anywhere near our best had showed up, we would have won by 3 TDs.

Reasonable. This is what my point was above. We have talent. Before last night if I had to bet I'd have guessed ten wins, but fat chance getting me to pick against them in any individual game because if we played to our ability I'd think there was a chance.

Now I'd probably say 7 easy, possibly 8 or 9 if we can fix the lines on both sides of the ball. But besides FSU, if I stay and play that prediction game, I'm not so sure I'll pick us to lose any of them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

Reasonable. This is what my point was above. We have talent. Before last night if I had to bet I'd have guessed ten wins, but fat chance getting me to pick against them in any individual game because if we played to our ability I'd think there was a chance.

Now I'd probably say 7 easy, possibly 8 or 9 if we can fix the lines on both sides of the ball. But besides FSU, if I stay and play that prediction game, I'm not so sure I'll pick us to lose any of them.

because that's easy to do during the year while you are fighting injuries, game planning for the next team, etc. The time to get that **** straightened out was at Vero. You will see no significant improvements during the year. That isn't to say we won't play inferior teams and win some battles on the line. But when we play good teams, you will get the same results.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

because that's easy to do during the year while you are fighting injuries, game planning for the next team, etc. The time to get that **** straightened out was at Vero. You will see no significant improvements during the year. That isn't to say we won't play inferior teams and win some battles on the line. But when we play good teams, you will get the same results.

Stop writing posts that actually make sense