• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Execution vs. Coaching

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

both were terrible

skips the head man. its his fault.

Agreed! And like I told my wife tonight, when teams don't reach potential, coaches get fired, it's on them!

Yep.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So the team hasn't reached potential after 3 games?

How much did you purchase your crystal ball for? I'd like to purchase one myself.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Plenty on the coaching in here too. Where was the WR bubble screen all game? Easy throw for BJ that gets the ball out in open field away from the blitzing. I believe we ran one all night and it went for a first down with Hopkins (even though he fumbled out of bounds on it).

Do we not have any type of misdirection in our playbook? No backside flip for a RB sweep? No end arounds? Anything that might make them pay?

Why did it take to near the end of the 3rd quarter for the staff to realize that running Lamar/Murray right up the middle on nearly every first down wasn't working? Why didn't we go to a hurray up/spread sooner?

And in general, what the hell is our identity on offense?

Sorry, still too frustrated to get my thoughts together cohesively.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line is both the OL and DL played awful. Also, I'm sure I'll catch flak for this but you gotta bench Murray. (Not that Lamar is much better). On a positive note, our corners locked it down tonight.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

O line was absolutely terrible. We let their scatter armed QB have all day to pass. I don't remember rushing an extra man once, and given enough time any QB can fine an open man.

I think Daniels wad more screwed by the play calling than anything. I dint feel he played a terrible game honestly. He missed a couple throws, but our receivers cost him a couple picks and were not very impressive most of the night.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

The team played crappy, that's a fact. But was anybody else dumbfounded when Holtz didn't use a timeout before either of our 4th conversions. Both attempts were at critical points in the game. I believe we had 2 TO's left in both situations. Unreal.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

O line was absolutely terrible. We let their scatter armed QB have all day to pass. I don't remember rushing an extra man once, and given enough time any QB can fine an open man.

I think Daniels wad more screwed by the play calling than anything. I dint feel he played a terrible game honestly. He missed a couple throws, but our receivers cost him a couple picks and were not very impressive most of the night.

We rushed extra men, they were just wildly ineffective! BJ just can't throw short touch passes consistently. It is not hard for a defense to take away the deep ball and the running game (especially as bad as our O line was) and then you have to be able to throw intermediate routes. BJ isn't responsible for the loss for sure... total team loss. Place kicking was about the only strong suit.

BTW what was up w/ decision making... across the board. BJ's is always suspect, but Skips was awful. Going for it on 4th and two and deciding to try a QB dive?!?!?

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The team played crappy, that's a fact. But was anybody else dumbfounded when Holtz didn't use a timeout before either of our 4th conversions. Both attempts were at critical points in the game. I believe we had 2 TO's left in both situations. Unreal.

I'd have held onto them. You have a senior QB, you'd like to be able to use them on defense to try and get one last shot at it. I was more surprised we had to waste the one timeout earlier in the game. Not sure if our coordinators aren't getting the plays in fast enough or our players are just confused. We really looked silly.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm sticking up for the O-line in this game. Very tough to pass protect or run block when you're facing blitzes almost every down. QB to WR, going both ways, was the biggest offensive problem of the night.

Hahaha. Someone should tell that to Cosh. They gave Nova all day on every pass and even more on 3rd down. I think when someone tells Cosh its 3rd and ten he interprets it to mean 3rd down so they deserve 10 seconds to complete the pass so let's not blitz.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm sticking up for the O-line in this game. Very tough to pass protect or run block when you're facing blitzes almost every down. QB to WR, going both ways, was the biggest offensive problem of the night.

Hahaha. Someone should tell that to Cosh. They gave Nova all day on every pass and even more on 3rd down. I think when someone tells Cosh its 3rd and ten he interprets it to mean 3rd down so they deserve 10 seconds to complete the pass so let's not blitz.

LOL