• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Despise Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

Let's not forget the fact that we were undefeated in overtime until we played them last year :(

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Is this even expected to be a game? I just think RU will get crushed by at least 3 TD's.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

Overall, I hate Pitt the most, but it's probably because I don't respect Rutgers enough to actually hate them. The Rutgers games are always one of my most anticipated game of the season because somehow the games are always a big possible loss. I feel like we are so much better of the team then they are, but they still find a way to beat us.

Tonight I want to blow them out of the water.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Post why you can't stand Rutgers.

Personally, I can't stand them because they're that gnat team. They don't do anything outside of the conference, and they're one of the big three anchors in this conference (Rutgers, UCONN, and 'Cuse). Although, for some reason we always have a hard time with them. They're not a rival. They're not a highly talented team. In their 143 years of existence, they've had what....1 good year? Since the BCS has been in existence, they've beaten how many BCS teams? Off the top of my head, the best BCS foe they've even beaten is....K-state? They do absolutely nothing year in and year out. It's almost like they spend the entire offseason preparing for one team....USF. This more than anything pisses me off about Rutgers.

they are a rival

they have had as much talent as usf

they had been better coached in the past

they have done as much as usf

Totally agree. They have outcoached us and have always found the way to beat us.

Holtz can prove a lot tonight in my eyes if he can find a way to beat this team. They have always been able to beat us by proper schemes and defensive play calling. If Holtz/Fitch can make the proper adjustments and put BJ in good situations we can win.

We really need every aspect of the team to play well tonight.

Hopefully the coaches have the team prepared AND manage the game well.

In fairness to the coaching staff, although we played like crap the last quarter, we were in position to win that game at the end. A 25 yard field goal goes through the uprights and we're talking about a 2 game win streak against these guys.

We were winning 17-3 with less than half the 4th quarter to go. Special teams disasters and poor defensive coaching and worse execution put us in a position to lose. Everyone remembers only Bonani's miss and yes, he should have made it, but he should not have even been in the position to have to make a FG for the win.

To me, poor special teams play is a sign of poor coaching and preparedness.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Yet they were good enough to be ahead by 2 TD's 1/2 way through the 4th quarter. Do you really think the coaches told the punt returner (don't remember who it was) to run halfway across the field to try to pick up a rolling punt at your own 10 yd line? That play was as big as any. I don't put that on the coaching staff. I just think the kid screwed up.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We saw it all year last year. The 4th quarter defense sucked. We couldn't get off the field on 3rd and long and 4th and long because we dropped everyone into coverage and gave the QB all day to find someone open. I just looked it up, In that last drive to tie it, Rutgers completed 5 passes for more than 10 yards and another for 9 yards Including the pass to Sanu that went for a first on 4th and long. I want to see the coaching be able to adjust to whatever Rutgers throws at them. In the past, Leavitt was always out coached by Schiano and Holtz and his staff were too. ifferent coaching staff to contend with now. Let's see them do something.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

This is what I enjoyed about USF games... 3hrs of comedy... :roflmao:

jim_leavitt_looks_like_beaker.png

leavitt.jpg

331513319_9350f82325_o.jpg

82862824.jpg.12747.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1262888885Leavitt_Grimace_medium.jpg

ncf_u_jleavitt1_400.jpg

South-Florida-Aubur_110395c.jpg

131637.jpg2520691006.jpg

Edited by blitz8ru

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

LOL I'll agree with you there, CJL could make some great faces ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Awesome, we needed a new facepalm pic ... I don't know how I haven't seen this one on this board yet ...

2520691006.jpg

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Where do I start...

1. 2007

2. BS Illegal Forward Propulsion Call

3. They are from New Jersey

4. The cast of the Jersey Shore

5. Shitano

6. That little bastard that thinks hes Bon Jovi's love child

7. ESPN forcing us to play these douche bags just about every Thursday or so it seems

8. The fact that there are sooooooooooooooo many jerk offs from Jersey down here in Florida

9. Snapple

10. Bruce Springsteen, Shaq, & Grover Cleveland

I could go on more but you get the point...

One of those jerk offs has become a big supporter of USF athletics. You're welcome Bubba.

That was not directed at you or anyone else that is a Bull and has made an effort to assimilate... in my book your just as much a FL Cracker as me :thumbsup:

Edited by Bubba Bull