• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow ND to the ACC! Now what for the BE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

if anything, it could potentially help USF's stance if the Big 12 ever came calling. They would very much like that Florida foothold, and adding USF and Louisville would bridge the gap to WVU and have that FL spot. USF wouldn't have any closer games than normal, but I'd definitely jump at a chance to play with a higher quantity of "big boy" programs, and flights to Texas > flights to snowy northeast.

I really hope we find a way into the big 12. Louisville cincy usf and byu to get to 14 pleaseee, save us b12!

not going to happen...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

Good to see mac still taking ginormous leaps with rampant speculation.

FSU and Virginia Tech aren't leaving the ACC tomorrow. There hasn't been a peep out of VT that suggests they're looking to move. In fact, their AD pledged his loyalty to the ACC in May. Could he have been lying, sure, but I doubt it.

And what the hell is ESPN desperate for? Total domination of the sport? They basically have it and they aren't going anywhere. They're bigger than they've ever been.

Its not the domination of the sport that ESPN is after. As the B1g network has proven college football has been undervalued in TV contracts. As long as ESPN is the only real player it real remain that way. If, however, NBC is able to establish their network with another conference that draws good ratings then the competition for college sports will begin. This means that ESPN will have to increase payouts to keep their conferences and programming. This is all about ESPN maintaining profit margins far more than dominating college football. EXPN at themoment is the only real player in the game, they gain tremendously from that. NBC could possibly kill that bird, so it is necessary for ESPN to try to kill the BE so that NBC is left with nothing.

I'll say what I've said each time someone has said this. Getting the rights to the new Big East is not making someone a major player against ESPN.

I dont think its about making them a major player from day one, its about increaseing competition. For exampe, if the BE gets a deal at $15M per school, the Bi12 and SEC will immediately feel undervalued and may hold off signing their next tv deal to test the open market. I think its more about increasing the competition.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

He continues to be at it with the BE. Who knows anymore?

MHver3 â€@MHver3

Espn now offering to sweeten the pot for the B12-renegotiation-if we expand with 2 Big East teams. Now giving us five to choose from

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

MHver3 â€@MHver3

Espn now offering to sweeten the pot for the B12-renegotiation-if we expand with 2 Big East teams. Now giving us five to choose from

Some of his speculation has been right.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

MHver3 â€@MHver3

Come on B12, you know you want some Florida ... we're your best opportunity.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

undefeated big east team would not be invited to 4 team playoff unless that team won all 12 games by 30 or more points

big east fans are delusional and havent come to grips we are in equal footing with other non big 5 conferences

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Not buying the B12 thing. Not that they wont expand, but that we wont be invited. Not if FSU is available.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Not buying the B12 thing. Not that they wont expand, but that we wont be invited. Not if FSU is available.

FSU is no longer an option... the ACC has a $50 million dollar buyout which prevents them from even thinking about leaving.

If the B12 wants a Florida school then its either USF or UCF... and I don't see the B12 going after the short bus that is mouse-town U

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

MHver3 â€@MHver3

that guy is throwing darts blindfolded. you're bound to hit the board once or twice.

there is nobody left in the big east that would increase value of big 12. if they did it might be for $1M or $2M more per team just because of champ game. I highly doubt espn is willing to pay $26M EACH for 2 teams from BE. that would only increase payout $1M per school.

Texas doesn't want to go to 12. they don't want a champ game. it would make it harder for them to make playoffs. it would also make it harder for 2 big 12 teams to get selected.

any additional money espn would offer would be like chicken feed to texas. texas athletic department took in a little over $150m last year. you think they care about an additional $1 or $2m that might come with adding 2 more teams? adding 2 more for $2M more per school would cost espn $68M. ain't gonna happen.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Bull94 - again only has it half right, remember the uniamous $50 mil vote that you said happened

He right UT doesnt want a championship game and is money breakdown is right, but the bowl game with SEC might require it.

EsPN can afford and will afford paying Big 12 if it guts BE for NBC

The 5 teams i believe would be UL, USF, RU, UConn and Cincy

Also warchant is thinkibg FSU can get out for $20me mil if before 2013 season