• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow ND to the ACC! Now what for the BE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

FSU and Clemson rumors just died today... NO BIG12 for YOU!!

unless they get out before the 50mil goes into affect. Question. Did ND just piss off NBC by going to ESPN when NBC was going to have a chance at their basketball?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

as Joe Schad put it- "ND Wanted to be in a different Neighborhood than the New Schools that were coming into the Big East."

basically- the Big East expansion downgraded our stock. I can't really blame Notre Dame for not wanting to have to match up to UCF, Memphis, Houston, etc every year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

This hurts the possibility of an NBC contract too. ND will now be on ESPN as an ACC member. Previously they were in line to move with the Big East to NBC for all sports broadcasting.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

if anything, it could potentially help USF's stance if the Big 12 ever came calling. They would very much like that Florida foothold, and adding USF and Louisville would bridge the gap to WVU and have that FL spot. USF wouldn't have any closer games than normal, but I'd definitely jump at a chance to play with a higher quantity of "big boy" programs, and flights to Texas > flights to snowy northeast.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Crazy the buyout is now $50 million for ACC and the rest of the leagues have GORs effectively being in the $30-$40 million range if a school leaves. And BE is what $10M? Lol chump change for another conference when they take another BE school. I would love for the BE to just get the new members and all stay together as is. Really wished ND would have stayed with BE, but we all new they were going to leave(it was rumored as such a few months ago and restated by JVWVU a couple of days ago). Its just sad because they are not gaining much in terms of competiveness, for all effective purposes ACC and BE are on same playing field in sports.

AND TO ALL THOSE ACC FANS THAT WILL SAY YEA SEE THE ACC IS BETTER THAN THE BIG EAST, NO, YOU ARE THE BIG EAST. Hell i wouldn't be surprised if in another 5 years all of the original BE members are in the ACC and Conf USA is the new Big East.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

Well, the only thing left is that if the big 12 had any desire of expanding into Florida, we're all they have left now that FSU and Miami are stuck.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

if anything, it could potentially help USF's stance if the Big 12 ever came calling. They would very much like that Florida foothold, and adding USF and Louisville would bridge the gap to WVU and have that FL spot. USF wouldn't have any closer games than normal, but I'd definitely jump at a chance to play with a higher quantity of "big boy" programs, and flights to Texas > flights to snowy northeast.

man how i hope that would happen lol. although i don't know how good we would be playing Texas, OK, OK State, etc year in and year out. Hell we'd be Iowa State in terms of competitiveness lol.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The Big East has been, and will be, open for anyone to come in and take whatever they want until we get the NBC contract .... hopefully, very nice contract.

Wonder how much the potential NBC deal is impacted now that ND is leaving. They would have been a great bargaining chip.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

This hurts the possibility of an NBC contract too. ND will now be on ESPN as an ACC member. Previously they were in line to move with the Big East to NBC for all sports broadcasting.

Not sure about that since ACC games are on ESPN and now ND is playing 5 games against the ACC. It may make more room for the Big East on NBC.