• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I need some football advice from the married Bulls out there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Problem is you do things with your wife. Address that and the rest solves itself.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

Go to the concert, don't say anything at all. Since she's someone that you love enough to marry, I'm sure that she understands the "sacrifice" that you'll be making, She'll know thta she "owes you one", but if YOU play that card, you'll lose it. JMVHMO.

That's the answer. Been married for over 35 years. There is no "owing". Give your wife the concert while acting like a grownup. Don't even mention it. When football starts interfering with your marriage, a reevaluation is needed. It's my Bulls and I love watching them but it's not even close to the way I feel about my wife. Sounds like it's your turn to give. Do it with a smile.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

If I were in your shoes I would approach her with a quarter and propose that you both agree to flip a coin and go to the event of whoever wins the coin toss. Then when you win the coin toss you can decide on the concert instead to score some bonus points for choosing her event when you could have chosen your own. Or you can go to the bulls game but hey she agreed to a coin toss so I thinks it's a win-win approach.

Disclaimer: I'm not married but I propose a coin toss my girlfriend in similar situations and she always says it's stupid and has never agreed to decide on anything that way. I don't understand. It seems like a great way to decide on trivial matters like where to go eat or what movie to see if you disagree.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Football would never interfere with my marriage, simply interfering with the plans for the evening. Truth be told, I am not going to suffer by going to the concert because I enjoy the bands also. I do give a lot when it comes to my wife, she knows that, and this will just be another case of me doing just that. I was hoping there would be a dimplomatic way to somehow be able to go to the concert, and make it for kickoff. That will obviously not be able to happen, so looks like I'll be going to the concert and catching however much of the game that I can, if any. And I will be doing it with a smile, and... :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

If I were in your shoes I would approach her with a quarter and propose that you both agree to flip a coin and go to the event of whoever wins the coin toss. Then when you win the coin toss you can decide on the concert instead to score some bonus points for choosing her event when you could have chosen your own. Or you can go to the bulls game but hey she agreed to a coin toss so I thinks it's a win-win approach.

Disclaimer: I'm not married but I propose a coin toss my girlfriend in similar situations and she always says it's stupid and has never agreed to decide on anything that way. I don't understand. It seems like a great way to decide on trivial matters like where to go eat or what movie to see if you disagree.

Oh man, I wish married life was this simple! Lol... I don't think my wife would have went for that approach when we were just dating either!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm spoiled; my wife actually scheduled our wedding around football and is even down to take two cars tailgating; that way when our little gets cranky she can bail...

I got very blessed

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

go to the concert. bring earphones and some type of device that can get the game on radio. let her know that you would really like to go to the game but being there with her is more important and then next time something comes up where you want to do it and she is on the fence- she will remember this time. shouldn't need to remind her or ask for an IOU. if she doesn't appreciate and understand your sacrifice then you will have a long life ahead of you

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

You need to learn to choose your battles. This will be the rare time that you can be in a position to have her "owe" you one. USF vs UT Chattanooga for me is a battle worth losing and gaining the upper hand for when you mess up later. I'd let her stay at the concert for as long as she wants, but make sure she knows so you can "redeem" it later for a more important occasion (i.e. more important game).

EXCELLENT advice. LOL

I agree

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

What about the watch espn app for your phone and watch the game on espn 3 while at the concert

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924

What about the watch espn app for your phone and watch the game on espn 3 while at the concert

I was just about to propose just that the only downside is that you may need a 2nd battery to make it through the whole game